Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Society of Vagabonds"

RBH

Bartender
This ad from '35 speaks to the Vagabonds use as a rollup.

rollknox.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
The only other example I've ever seen of this model belongs to Robert (RLK) Ever since then I've looked and looked until I finally scored one. And it's gray and pristine! All I had to do was remove the feather (quite nice one actually) and brush it lightly with a bit of steam to change the crease from a bad teardrop to a center dent. Very nice, light felt and a little more substantial than my regular Vagabond.
The Knox Vagabond King.

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

Some references:

Capture-1.jpg

1943Knoxforspring.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice Vagabond, Ale. I recall watching that one on eBay while I was chasing my grey Whippet there.

Looks to have a sweatband that is in good condition - maybe that's a consequence of the more robust construction used in the King version.

Exactly the kind of hat you wear so I'm sure you're going to be enjoying it.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Looks to have a sweatband that is in good condition - maybe that's a consequence of the more robust construction used in the King version.

Exactly the kind of hat you wear so I'm sure you're going to be enjoying it.

I think so, David. This is the first time that I see a Vagabond sweat in such mint shape. I've owned 4 Vagabonds and all their sweatbands have been destroyed.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
The only other example I've ever seen of this model belongs to Robert (RLK) Ever since then I've looked and looked until I finally scored one. And it's gray and pristine! All I had to do was remove the feather (quite nice one actually) and brush it lightly with a bit of steam to change the crease from a bad teardrop to a center dent. Very nice, light felt and a little more substantial than my regular Vagabond.
The Knox Vagabond King.

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

Some references:

Capture-1.jpg

1943Knoxforspring.jpg

Ale, very very nice, the felt, form, and color. Stunning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum