Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sportaire

mingoslim

Practically Family
I recently got a note from toobacat, asking to see my Sportaire, by none other that Art Fawcett . . .

So, here it is . . .

vs-sportaire02-after.jpg

No denying it is one sharp lid . . . but most of us would agree that all of Mr. Fawcett's hats are . . .

Looks good on, too . . .;)

110607.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
I need eyeglasses too, so my eyes dont pop out when watching it.

Pls. Post it also to the Art Fawcett hall of fame thread, so it wont get lost.

Great hat-great look!:)

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Very nice!:eusa_clap You have a different bash than mine (I have the teardrop without the dome).
bash2.jpg

Was that a style change you requested or did you do it yourself?

Jay

Practically Family
Mingoslim, that is one sharp hat. I really like the crease. Sharp (literally) as well. You wear it well.

toobacat

One of the Regulars
Thank you for posting this, the hat looks great. I've been scouring old threads for the past month or so and a lot of threads no longer have photos.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
mingoslim said:
I recently got a note from toobacat, asking to see my Sportaire, by none other that Art Fawcett . . .

So, here it is . . .

vs-sportaire02-after.jpg

No denying it is one sharp lid . . . but most of us would agree that all of Mr. Fawcett's hats are . . .

Looks good on, too . . .;)

110607.jpg
Mingo...
Is this the "Dark Moss" color?
And it looks great on you!

mingoslim

Practically Family
Dark Moss . . .

Colby Jack . . . This is a Dark Moss . . . The pic of me wearing it is a more accurate look at the color . . .

MrFusion . . . the block on this is mine . . . I modified Mr Fawcett's original block to give it a more teardrop shape and a greater rake from front to back.

Thanks for the nice comments folks . . .:)

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Ricbob said:
That is soo nice. Wish i would have gotten in on one of those before Art sold out on that model. What a great look.

The VS web site still says there are two left. (unless the number is not current?) Of course Art could make one that is very similar if they are sold out.

Mingoslim, you have inspired me to try a slightly tighter pinch in the front. Your Sportaire looks really good!

toobacat

One of the Regulars
I was wondering how a 5 1/2 inch crown would look with a bash like this. How high is the bashed crown in the front? Would you need a higher crown if you wanted to give it a diamond bash?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy