Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of the Art in Japanese Outerwear: Freewheelers and Co 2012-13 Collection!

Ishmael

Practically Family
The Civilian A-1 "Brodovitch". I believe the plan was originally to do this jacket in corduroy. Not sure why, but here it is in Beach Cloth.

DESO_0073_20130205_zps5dae2374.jpg

DESO_0076_20130205_zps95dbef80.jpg

http://freewheelers.co.jp/blog/archives/3882

SLAB

A-List Customer
maybe there are still releasing the corduroy version? I was really looking forward to that one.
apparently there are at least two version of that jacket so far, above beach cloth and this wool one
brodovitch-bluecheck36-b03.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
One day, a press trip to Tokyo will come around, and I will be there with bells on. My friend found himself over there last year and loved it. He said he's never been so confused, though. The language and culture are so different that they left him completely disorientated. Didn't help that he's 6ft5 either :D

Ishmael

Practically Family
Funny, I'm planning a trip to LA right now, and was just thinking how much easier Tokyo is to get around!

Since I speak the language and have lived here for a number of years it's hard for me to be objective, but I honestly think Tokyo is extremely convenient and easy to navigate. And Japanese people are usually very willing to help.

Ishmael

Practically Family
The JL shawl collar is perfect. Particularly if you want to let people know you'll drink their milkshake, drink it up.

screen-shot-2010-12-03-at-12-30-30-am.png

Ishmael

Practically Family
I am the Third Revelation!

The Freewheelers as well as John Lofgren can all be purchased online. Perhaps you're best bet for FW, as well as (obviously) for JL, would be John Lofgren's Speedway Shop. Shoot John a mail and he should be able to hook you up with most of the FW stuff, even if it is not in stock on his website.

http://www.speedway-shop.com/

Ishmael

Practically Family
Just some tease photos from Desolation Row.

Looks like there is a also a black check version of the A-1, in addition to the killa Aviator's Jacket.

66b663258f0d645529ff1b4632b613a2_zps1198af4b.jpg

And a tease of the Dust Bowl coat in black.

97439f39763922518c8c060de05f22f7_zps4c71f5e5.jpg

Ishmael

Practically Family
The Stevenson Shawl Collar is really nice (actually all of Stevenson's "indigo" line is great). But quite different from the JL, which is lined and longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot