Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of the Art in Japanese Outerwear: Freewheelers and Co 2012-13 Collection!

Ishmael

Practically Family
Hmm. I was thinking that the Dust Bowl with knit collar would be my preference, but I haven't been all that awed by the photos I've seen thus far. The Aviator Coat is nice, but too much coat for me.

Agree, the Brakeman is outstanding, as is the Himel Canuck.

Ishmael

Practically Family
Couple of new East West remakes by Jelado at Mushmans.

Really liking the Trailblazer. Although I wish it had some metal snaps.

55021114_zpsb45c7c23.jpg

Rover.

55168196_zps024830ec.jpg

majormajor

One Too Many
Couple of new East West remakes by Jelado at Mushmans.

Really liking the Trailblazer. Although I wish it had some metal snaps.

55021114_zpsb45c7c23.jpg

Rover.

55168196_zps024830ec.jpg

Beautiful jackets, apart from the collars, which seem too long. Almost a 70's disco stylee:eeek:;)

kyboots

Practically Family
FW hasn't put this up on their blog yet, but tons of pics here of the new "Curtiss" Aviators Coat.

http://www.genco-clothing.com/SHOP/1231007-RBK.html

I had a full length brown leather coat with these lapels similar to this in 1978 while in school, and yes I agree all of these are 1970's collars. Have we left the 60's and moved to the 70's in fashion? When we get to the 80's my back closet is worth a fortune in "vintage". The Trail Blazer is a GOOD lookin' jacket.

Last edited:

Ishmael

Practically Family
KY Boots, I agree. Really like the Trail Blazer. I'm going to take a trip to Mushmans one of these days and check it out. Perhaps they can do a custom with metal snaps and without the lacing on the sleeves......

indigoeagle, Are you asking about the Brakeman Coat? It may be a touch warmer than, for example, the melton wool in my Rainbow Country because its a thicker and denser weave, but just a little warmer, I guess. The horsehide on all of these jackets is from Shinki.

indigoeagle

One of the Regulars
indigoeagle, Are you asking about the Brakeman Coat? It may be a touch warmer than, for example, the melton wool in my Rainbow Country because its a thicker and denser weave, but just a little warmer, I guess. The horsehide on all of these jackets is from Shinki.
Yep, meant the Brakeman Coat.
Yours is already suitable for winter temperatures, isn't it? Tokyo should be around 0 C now, no?
Are you sure it's all Shinki?
For instance this Four Corners one from the Vanishing West collection is made from FQHH. Or does Shinki do that as well?
http://www.thewildone.jp/item/theVanishingWest_freewheelers_FourCornersJacket_AmberBrown/
Same for the Caboose: http://www.thewildone.jp/item/freewheelers_leatherjacket_CABOOSE-JK_VINTAGE-BLACK/

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful caramel colouring. I take it the Neal Cassady is a reference to On The Road? As ever, it's all in the details - buttons and linings are frosting on the cake.

Ishmael

Practically Family
Sort of. Dean Moriarty was his name in On The Road. Neal Cassady was his name in real life.

It's funny, one of the reasons I first became interested in Japan was through the poetry of Gary Snyder. FW has a "Snyder" winter hat. Gary Snyder would sh`t himself if he knew that his name had been commodified by a Japanese fashion brand! LoL!

Ishmael

Practically Family
On a side note, I think it's impossible to measure how far American television has fallen.......

[video=youtube;QzCF6hgEfto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCF6hgEfto[/video]

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sort of. Dean Moriarty was his name in On The Road. Neal Cassady was his name in real life.

It's funny, one of the reasons I first became interested in Japan was through the poetry of Gary Snyder. FW has a "Snyder" winter hat. Gary Snyder would sh`t himself if he knew that his name had been commodified by a Japanese fashion brand! LoL!

Thought it was. The Japanese have a fantastic magpie tendency, but I don't have a problem when they do it, as it's done with complete enthusiasm. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot