Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stetson One-Hundred "100"

Wish I had gotten this one posted before Rick showed up with that "soft" beauty that revived this thread.
CIMG4264.JPG
CIMG4265.JPG
CIMG4266.JPG
CIMG4268.JPG
CIMG4270.JPG
CIMG4272.JPG
CIMG4273.JPG

I anyone has a spare acrylic insert laying around, I'm your guy.
CIMG4269.JPG

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Wish I had gotten this one posted before Rick showed up with that "soft" beauty that revived this thread.
View attachment 105183 View attachment 105184 View attachment 105185 View attachment 105186 View attachment 105187 View attachment 105188 View attachment 105189
I anyone has a spare acrylic insert laying around, I'm your guy.
View attachment 105190
smashing Greg

I do see the insert now and then ... I'll keep you posted

there was one in a very beat up case at a vintage store near me ... maybe I'll take a ride to see if it is still there

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I love it, Rick. Fit, finish, sweat and all the materials are top notch. It's just that 60's era stiffness they transitioned to. Love to have a soft one. The case is in great shape. Still have a key.

Great! Glad you like it. I have a couple of early 60s 100s and they both are much more stiff than the late 50s model I recently acquired. The felt on the older one is much more soft and malleable than the other two, but the other ones are still amongst my favorites!

Looks great... would love some additional photos of the inside markings if you have a chance.

Will do Alan!

buler

I'll Lock Up
You might send a private message to Buler... I believe he was making replacements from plexiglas some years back.

Yes, I was making some. I still have some of the material left. It's a very time consuming process. If someone wants to try it on their own, I can measure the acrylic strips which were exact dimensions to originals that I had. I don't know when I'll find enough spare time to make any more of these.

Here was the thread on these, of course the pics are gone (stupid photobucket). http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/stetson-100-box-inserts.42807/

B

Alan, would you concur regarding my estimation of it being a late 50s vintage from the keyhole size tag? I have never seen a 100 with a keyhole size tag either. I appreciate your kind remarks!

The Stetson 100s I have owned were all square black size labels which I assign to the 1960s. I'm not versed enough in the late keyhole tag era to know if it is late fifties or early 1960s, but I think late 1950s sounds much more sexy. I'd go with that. Lounge member MichaelShane had a hankering for the Stetson 100 - I believe he had some earlier examples with keyhole size tags. Carouselvic might have or know of others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk