Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Appreciation Club {MODERN}

srq2002

Familiar Face
I don't see why you would be disappointed ... the Premier hats are nice ... Cornhill is the best color in my opinion

... and the Stetsonian is discontinued and quite a nice piece as well ... you were lucky to snag up some stock while it still exists

I've owned both models ... no complaints here

I think you will be pleased with all of them

With four boxes arriving, there is no possibility of finessing them past my wife, so I had to confess in advance. Well, she has the sales at Macy's and Chico's, I have the fedoras!

Scuttle

One of the Regulars
I'm not entirely sure what possessed me to do this, but JJ Hat Center has a sale, and I just ordered Premier Stratoliners in Black, Cornhill, and Silverbelly, with a side order of Stetsonian in Tawny. Will this be a delight, or will our hero be disappointed. Stay tuned...

Can't wait to see 'em.

~ S.

srq2002

Familiar Face
5C26041F-98EC-4053-A35C-7F250554966C.jpeg
Let the joy begin: Stetsonian and a trio of Premier Stratoliners! But, JJ, why a feather in the black one?

srq2002

Familiar Face
Question for the experts: with something modern like a Premier Stratoliner, is it best to get one that initially fits a trace loose, to allow for shrinkage? Or is one that fits perfectly out of the box a safe buy?

triple-d

A-List Customer
I was thinking of the sweatband tightening up a bit. Glad it’s not an issue!
Ya srq....I have 8 or 10 moedern Stestson, pretty much all of them in multiples, and the sweats tighten up on mine when I first wore them. I have put them on a stretcher, and stretch slightly to reset the sweat band and the bump along pretty good after. I have just kept wearing them in warmer weather, and they loosen back up. There is a guy on ebay that sells nice wooden stretchers that are beveled.....MART ALLEN. They are handy to have around...not cheap, but he does make a finished version and a rough version now that is less expensive. The bevelled sides are pretty nifty.......hey the hats look great !!!....grats !!!!

Here is a link to the Stretcher guy Mart Allen.....I don't know him personally, but have 8 or so of his stretchers;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hat-Stretc...hash=item4d2b6551f4:m:mIZut_El4Zo-1qQ3Zb7y9AQ

I’m not sure what that stretcher gets you over one costing a fraction of the price. It is still only stretching on one axis. It looks nice, but hard to justify the price.

I currently have 20ish modern Stetsons and I’ve never had a leather sweat shrink on me. I’ve had one where the surface layer flaked off on my forehead, but I’ve never had one shrink.

triple-d

A-List Customer
Ok...I have.
I’m not sure what that stretcher gets you over one costing a fraction of the price. It is still only stretching on one axis. It looks nice, but hard to justify the price.

I currently have 20ish modern Stetsons and I’ve never had a leather sweat shrink on me. I’ve had one where the surface layer flaked off on my forehead, but I’ve never had one shrink.

LOL....Then don't buy one.

View attachment 106865
First dry crease, Stetsonian. Now I get the allure of the larger dimensions.

Yes, that looks great.....I simply absolutely love the Stetsonians!!!!!! I have 5!!!!!:eek::p GREAT hats!!!!! Still looking for the early issue light grey model..........;)
M
As a side note, I have noticed (as have others) that the Stetsonians and the premier model Whippets and Stratoliners tend to be just a little loose when than the rest of their hats in my size. After wearing around for a while the sweat will tighten down to a perfect fit!!!!

Yes, that looks great.....I simply absolutely love the Stetsonians!!!!!! I have 5!!!!!:eek::p GREAT hats!!!!! Still looking for the early issue light grey model..........;)
M
As a side note, I have noticed (as have others) that the Stetsonians and the premier model Whippets and Stratoliners tend to be just a little loose when than the rest of their hats in my size. After wearing around for a while the sweat will tighten down to a perfect fit!!!!

That was my experience with my Stetsonian. Fairly roomy when I got it, but fits perfect now. My other modern Royal Deluxe and Excellent Stetsons fit great out of the box.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana