Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Shades of green on Valentines Day 2012.

IMG0505-L.jpg

I would like to introduce you to my green Stetson Stratoliner. It is a mint 50's Stetson. The liner is sparkly white and clean. The leather is clean and minty. The hat has the better version of felt that I have owned in the Stratoliners. Not all Stratoliners were created equal. It is more clay-like when creasing than my brown or gray. This ability is as it is softer and bit thicker. The true king of Strat. felts, at my house, is the silverbelly. It rules. This hat is leaning in that class.

IMG0498-L.jpg

Very pleased at the classical lines of this green Stratoliner model. "A Hat for Going Places."

Thank you for taking a look and allowing me to share. Eric -

You can about tell just by viewing the pictures of that Strat, it is very smooth felt. Clean looking and yep, that is a very great looking Strat, looks very good on you.

jerrea

New in Town
This will sound stupid to you pros, but could someone explain the differences between the Stratoliner and the Open Road. Please excuse my ignorance!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
This will sound stupid to you pros, but could someone explain the differences between the Stratoliner and the Open Road. Please excuse my ignorance!

With few exceptions, the two models are very similar in form (certain examples look virtually identical), but the differences in handle and various details can sometimes be dramatic. It really depends on which specific Stratoliner you are comparing to which Open Road ... ;)

DJH, gives a great place to start.

furfeltfettish

New in Town
stratandborso005.jpg

stratandborso004.jpg

Here is my humble application to the strat society. I have had a very difficult time with posting photos; apparently not allowed to upload from hard drive for some reason...any tips would be appreciated. I have tried to follow the FAQs but it hasnt worked, now trying photobucket

anyway this is a sweet one from the 50s, complete with pin and a battered box, which does an amazing job at giving it a pronounced brim curl.

cheers

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Here is my humble application to the strat society. I have had a very difficult time with posting photos; apparently not allowed to upload from hard drive for some reason...any tips would be appreciated. I have tried to follow the FAQs but it hasnt worked, now trying photobucket

Your pics are working just fine. Welcome (and kudos) ... :yo:

furfeltfettish

New in Town
yep, thanks finally got it figured out! And some day before I die I hope to post some pics of an unlined model in 7 1/8...I can see it in my imagination...but not on ebay, sadly.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I just bought my first vintage Stratoliner, an early 40's Stratoliner Medalist. It's an unlined light weight with a Stratoliner airplane picture on the sweatband. It also has the sticker in the crown. Does anyone know anything about these (years made)? Any info would be appreciated.
stratolinerfedora00.jpg

stratolinerfedora04.jpg
stratolinerfedora10.jpg

stratolinerfedora12.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley