Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The suits of 1938

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I found that not even the Savile Row tailors understand the pics they see nowadays. It's better to take an actual vintage suit.

Joe's done much better than anyone i have gone to in the past when it comes to first trys at making difficult designs.

I can pull out a number of nonfunctional examples of action backs that you can find on the racks right now.

When Joe gets it right I'll post those pics too.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Matt Deckard said:
I found that not even the Savil Row tailors understand the pics they see nowadays.
It depends who you see, this firm would have little difficulty making any type of action back you desired.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Matt Deckard said:
You'd think so... I've been there... I know better.
I've never used them. Have you? I just thought that sinse D&S have been cutting action back jackets since the Civil War that they might have a handle on it. [huh]

iammatt

Familiar Face
Tomasso said:
I've never used them. Have you? I just thought that sinse D&S have been cutting action back jackets since the Civil War that they might have a handle on it. [huh]

I have a good friend who uses them and likes their action back cut. I don't like the look in general, so I would never think to ask my tailor.

Justdog

Practically Family
Sack fit

Your beginning to open my eyes to todays sack fitting jackets, smile.
The more I see these designs the less I see in todays suits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ