THE SUNBODY ASSOCIATION

Discussion in 'Hats' started by RBH, Jan 3, 2009.

1. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Heck, a low profile ball cap blew off my head here in Oklahoma yesterday. 22mph winds with gusts much higher for the next few weeks.
    Later

2. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck Call Me a Cab

Looking good. A sunbody is still on my list of hats to get.
    Sounds like it’s just about perfect kite flying weather. My kids would love it.
    Johnny

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  3. J Williams

J Williams Practically Family

Can someone enlighten me to the sizing of Sunbody hats. If memory serves they fit a bit small? Trying to decide between 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 as I wear a 7 3/8 Long Oval

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  4. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

I have a 7 1/2 which is my size and it shrank a little. I soaked it in water and wore it to the beach and it stretched out just fine.

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.

5. If you are at all between sizes then definitely go up in size. The website states the sweatbands on the Guatemalan hats shrink a bit but the Mexican palm sweatbands don’t.

6. You might try to contact Sunbody directly to see what they recommend. I normally wear 7-1/2, so that's the size I ordered for my two Sunbody hats and they both fit me nicely after soaking and shaping. But I'm nearly a spot-on regular oval and don't know from experience how you might need to adjust the sizing to accommodate your long oval head.

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  7. tsores

tsores Familiar Face

I have two SunBody palm leaf hats. I am also a 7 3/8 LO. Both SunBody hats are size 7 1/2 (60cm.) Both fit perfect after a soaking and a little wear.

8. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

Our go to hats for half the year here. IMG_1965 (3).JPG IMG_1981 (3).JPG

Didn't need a new one but bought it anyway. Love this size hat for the sun here. 5.5" crown and a 6" brim. Eyelets in the crown. Perfect for the hot weather.

IMG_4724.JPG

9. Well, it took more than a year, but I finally got around to it. As I mentioned in the previous post, not an exact duplicate to the hat Mr. McGavin wore in Kolchak but maybe a modern version of that style. It took a while for me to find the "right" ribbon, then for Amazon to re-stock, but now I'm really liking this hat. Yeah, sometimes I have goofy tastes. Anyway...

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Kolchak 2021. Reshaped the crown and brim a little, and obviously replaced the ribbon (it looks black-and-red, but it's actually a really dark blue-and-red). Not huge changes, but they work for me. And somehow the hat fits better. :)

RBH, Mm25, Short Balding Guy and 4 others like this.
  10. RBH

RBH Bartender

Perfect!!!!

[​IMG]

Zombie_61 and Short Balding Guy like this.
  11. Thank you Sir! At the very least I think it's new shape suits me a little better; my first reshape made it look like I was wearing a palm leaf bucket on my head. [​IMG]

RBH likes this.
  12. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Well Zombie, you made a small change to the brim and it looks great. I like the new ribbon slightly better. The old one matched the shirt really well though.
    Later

Zombie_61 likes this.
  13. This hat was the result of a day on the lake fishing wearing a 2 3/4” brim Panama hat. This is the Tall Gus with a 5” curled brim and a 6 1/2” crown.

B87E01EA-7F9D-4CCE-8C8A-CAFC66538C52.jpeg BB4A713D-2B2B-4506-A49E-F6EBA5691B05.jpeg F84F0D0F-A5D9-4CE0-897C-4BE17AE7DF74.jpeg C8E4EC3E-6B01-4ABD-98FA-D19759103D1F.jpeg 51D52CBA-51B7-4B0B-89A4-7F56046F91E7.jpeg

14. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

15. It’s a concern, and even more so after dunking it in the lake to help keep cool. It can also get in the way on your fishing rod if you’re not careful. The trade off is you get a hat with lots of shade, evaporative cooling, and no worries when it blows off into the water.

16. ^ Not to mention your neck gets one heck of a workout every time you wear it. :cool:

Scooterz and deadlyhandsome like this.