Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thread to Display Your 1930s Suits

Mr. Purple

New in Town
Thanks to all. As you say, Metatron, it is pretty much timeless - the suit doesn't have much by way of "typical" 1930s features. Anybody care to guess if it could be early or late 30s?
This is what the label looks like:
1930s BlueGreen 3-piece Tweed Suit House of Lewis 15.jpg

cpdv

One of the Regulars
A continental suit of the 30s. An odd shade of blue pinchord. It's actually much lighter in natural lighting.
Most of the jacket

And the rest as well as I could do with my phone and a timer.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I like the look of the pincord. it makes for a really distinctive suit. And the second picture really helps to show off the shoulders.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
If I were to start a wardrobe from scratch this might be the first odd jacket chosen. Of course a blue blazer should be first but I've no problem wearing the jacket of a solid navy blue suit (1st suit to start a wardrobe) in lieu of a blazer.

herringbone_action_zps616040d4.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Great jacket and also even better to see Mario again :) How are you doing my musician friend?

Welcame back, Mario. I hope you will be showing off some new finds.

Guess I'm doing fine, thank you. No new finds, though. I kept a very lazy eye on the 'Bay but on most of my saved searches I have disabled the mail notification feature. Other than maintenance costs for my existing collection I haven't shelled out any money for vintage stuff in almost a year. There was simply too much other fish to fry (as in buying sound/recording equipment, among other things). ;)

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
Well, this one was on eBay about a week or two ago, and I bought it (if the one other person I was bidding against is a member here..... sorry! :) ) 1930's Belt-back double breasted suit. Nothing wild here, just a solid 4-piece (came with two pairs of pants) with a pretty simple belt back. The fabric is a nice rich navy with a subtle windowpane texture to it. The most interesting thing about this suit, I think, are the pants.... thick waistband with two buttons in the waistband, plus SUPER WIDE belt loops. The pants are also pretty baggy (just under 20" around I think.) The suit is pretty mint... what looks like moth nips in the photos are just flecks of dust, I swear! ;)

bluesuit1.jpg

bluesuit3.jpg

bluesuit4.jpg

bluesuit2.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Very nice! And that waistband treatment is something you don't run across very often. Any details (maker, date, etc)?

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
There are several union labels (one on the vest, one of the jacket, and maybe one on the pants (though I haven't checked)... here's a picture of them taken from the eBay listing:

$_12.JPG

The only other label on the garment is this one (also taken from the eBay listing.)

$_12.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart