Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Three Kings

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
So what did you get from the Three Kings today? HUH?? you ask.

I got two boxes of Walker's Shortbread cookies and two Resee's King Size bars. My wife and kids got their shares too (in their stockings).

Yes, I grew up with that tradition when they come around the first week of January as they fill up our stockings with candies. That visit concludes the Christmas holiday.

Santa was the big enchilada on our plate. The three Kings were just mint candies after a big meal. lol

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I didn't get or give anything, but I've always felt the tree should stay up till Jan. 6th. I hate seeing Christmas trees dumped on the street the very day after Christmas. These are probably the same people who put them up the day after Thanksgiving. Just wrong!

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
I didn't get or give anything, but I've always felt the tree should stay up till Jan. 6th. I hate seeing Christmas trees dumped on the street the very day after Christmas. These are probably the same people who put them up the day after Thanksgiving. Just wrong!

It's tough taking down the tree and decorations, because it means that for that house at least, Christmas really is over.

I peak, Christmasly, on the 25th, and spend the week up til New Year's decompressing. I like having the tree et al up on New Year's Day, then take the goodies down over the next couple of days.

"These are probably the same people who put them up the day after Thanksgiving"

I try to keep Thanksgiving as a stand-alone holiday; there's always a slight pause before the Christmas stuff comes out.

David V

A-List Customer
dhermann1 said:

We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and it, and the rest of the decorations, come down the day after Epiphany (or, if you prefer, Twelfth Night.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner