Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
They do come and go. The 3rd grade felts would give me pause:

From Trimmings:

“These peachbloom fur felts are factory damaged and we have graded them "C", which means the damage is in the upper part of the crown or middle of the brim. The faults are usually a small hole or graze in the pile. They are still usable but you will need to be "inventive" with how you use it. Some may not be able to be used for regular hat shapes, perhaps just small pill boxes for example. Sizes and colours are variable. For example choc can be a variety of browns, you will receive from the top of the pile.”
OK, that explains it. For all of my 'B' grade felts from them the flaw has been on the outer edge of the brim and easily trimmed off. The slight grazes in the felt can be pounced out in my experience.

Ya gotta then claim that you the "Artiste" created the look and charge a ridiculous amount!!! People pay extra for new jeans with holes after all!!!

And double the price!
So this seems to be the place to tell my embarrassing story. I ordered a jean jacket from Levi's online. It was 70% off a 'vintage' look classic trucker. I just assumed it was 'vintage' style. I received the jacket and to my chagrin discovered it was full of manufactured holes. Some Asian worker had diligently sanded holes in my 'new' jacket. Apparently to this old guy vintage means distressed/used/and full of holes. So I had to talk nice to my wife in order to get her to repair the holes in the Levi jacket that Levi had put in the damned thing!! Oh well, at least I didn't pay extra for the holes.

So I had to talk nice to my wife in order to get her to repair the holes in the Levi jacket that Levi had put in the damned thing!!

I can picture it now ... :p

1678236705098.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo