Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Twins.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Here are my new Flight Suits (Gibson & Barnes) Expedition and historical A-2, both done in chrome tanned russet goatskin with olive drab stitching. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m ecstatic to say the least. The color is really great (especially for Indy fans with an open mind). I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve included a close-up of the Expedition lining to show how it opens up (a pleated back is pretty much window dressing without a pleated lining). I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll try to post some pics with the jackets on in the future. Cheers

P1010002-vi.jpg

P1010003-vi.jpg

P1010004-vi.jpg

P1010005-vi.jpg

insidepleat-vi.jpg

P1010006-vi.jpg

P1010007-vi.jpg

P1010008-vi.jpg

P1010009-vi.jpg

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face
Very cool! I'm driving down to Flight Suits tomorrow morning to get a historical A-2 - but I think I'm going to get it in mahogany instead of russet. I'm also going to do what MN Jones did on his and get the various patches added to it. I'll post pics when it's all done.

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Wow, those jackets are gorgeous! The olive stitching looks great. Is the lining a different color than what they normally use? It looks olive drab as well.

I like the shape of the A-2 pocket flaps. I'd like to have those on an Expo.

I don't understand how you guys with several leather jackets find the time to wear them enough to break'em in. I could easily live with that particular problem though. :cool:

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Thanks for the compliments guys. I ended up being the only guy from LA to get down to Flightsuits. Koreana couldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t get out of work and Chamorro had jury duty. Sergei and Lee Keppler did make it. It would have been great if more guys could have gone (not that Sergei and Lee are chopped liver :p), but I would have had a good time even if I were the only one that showed up. I always have a blast at that place and it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s always great to hang with Dave Marshall. As far as the lining goes I would say that it is a half shade darker than the one that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s in my light seal goatskin Expedition. I would attribute that to variance in the run of the batch of cloth. I have to agree with The Edge regarding owning multiple jackets. Every time you add one it diminishes the wear time of the others. I just can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t see myself getting rid of any of them though. I love them all, but I agree that I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t have anymore vacancies :confused:. Cheers

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Here are a few more pics. You?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll have to excuse my shirt being out :confused:. Although the goatskin on this jacket is soft (it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s softer than my seal goatskin originally was when new), it still needs to break in and loosen up. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll take some more pics in six months. Cheers

P1010001-vi.jpg

P1010006-vi.jpg

P1010007-vi.jpg

P1010008-vi.jpg

P1010014-vi.jpg

P1010015-vi.jpg

Bogie1943

Practically Family
WOW, I love that color on the expedition Adam, I may have to check into that, did you get olive stitching on the expedition as well, or just the A-2?:cool2:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think this wins the prize for resuscitating a moribund thread, almost 11 years! :D

Ehh I'm so funny but this is actually a relevant thread. It's nice to have some comparable photos to Fanch's recent G&B jackets. Amazing the OP's photos are still up.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I think Runquist lost weight and may not wear these any more. But that's going back 2-3 years when he used to post regularly on COW. I'd like to see them now too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo