Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ultimative Denim Trouser Thread?

Pandemic

One Too Many
Sounds like you’re saying they are in spec but double check. I just got my first pair of Gustin and they were almost 3” off

I just remeasured using their formulae and the same result here - 3” off!

I know they will refund and maybe give an extra store credit for the hassle, but I just spent five months waiting for these suckers and I’m still bummed out.

Pandemic

One Too Many
Soooo ... black x black selvedge jeans with at least a 8.5 and preferably 9” opening?

Not sure I’m ready to spring for IronHeart yet, but maybe Sugarcane?

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Soooo ... black x black selvedge jeans with at least a 8.5 and preferably 9” opening?

Not sure I’m ready to spring for IronHeart yet, but maybe Sugarcane?

Have you looked into Naked & Famous? They have a fit called the strong guy which is a high rise, wide, straight cut pair that doesn't taper much, if at all. The opening measurement on this pair seem to start at 10", unless you're a smaller size like 28 or 29. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the strong guy fit is one of their less popular cuts, because they don't have much available in terms of options there, versus other cuts having like 4-5 different takes on black x black jeans.

Pandemic

One Too Many
Gustins refunded, so I’m in the market for some black jeans that will fit over some fairly wide shaft engineer boots.

I’m circling the IronHeart 9634 straight legs and 9461 bootcuts, in their non-fade black.

I’m still hesitating because that’s a lot to spend on black jeans (seems harder to justify than indigo, for some reason) that it’s not selvedge. Plus I really can’t decide between those two fits.

I think there was someone here with a pair of IHs in a boot cut?

Pandemic

One Too Many
I wear 634 over boots all the time.
If you go IH, which i think are great, go 634. They will look better over non engineer boots where you need less room at the hem.

Thanks! My 8.3" hems cover my boots, but only just - when I stand up I have to tug them down each time.

CatsCan

Practically Family
I just want to support Kubatus suggestion. I think N&F Strong Guy is an excellent alternative to look at when on the hunt for a pitch black jeans. I have worn N&F for a while some years ago and remember that I was very pleased. Haven't considered them for too long now.

Sonero

Practically Family
Been looking into the LEE 101 Riders but 13oz for $175 doesn't add up from a big Corp like LEE. I do have one pair and they are ok. Tag says made in Italy. Don't know if they are worth $175 though. I have no problem paying $250 for heavy duty Japanese brands but LEE ?
Any feedback ?

CatsCan

Practically Family
Been looking into the LEE 101 Riders but 13oz for $175 doesn't add up from a big Corp like LEE. I do have one pair and they are ok. Tag says made in Italy. Don't know if they are worth $175 though. I have no problem paying $250 for heavy duty Japanese brands but LEE ?
Any feedback ?

I am not sure but think that Lee and Lee can be two different things. There is a Lee line with hq japanese and italian denims out there. I think you had your eye on one of those!

Sonero

Practically Family
I am not sure but think that Lee and Lee can be two different things. There is a Lee line with hq japanese and italian denims out there. I think you had your eye on one of those!

I would think what is on the AERO website is from Japan and the USA website Italy ? I am sure the Japanese versions are better but I'd like confirm that buying LEE in America the home country of origin is a bad idea quality wise ?

CatsCan

Practically Family
I'd like confirm that buying LEE in America the home country of origin is a bad idea quality wise ?

not sure about that. But I think there is even a white selvage line made from white oak cone mills selvage denim stock still sold in the US. There is a lot of stuff from the hq Lee lines. I guess you simply have to look for Lee and selvage per google to find out who sells which of them in and for the US market. The italian selvage is a premium denim, too. I was never into Lee's stuff, but I know some especially like their boot cut (the authentic James Dean Lee for example). Being a big corp isn't per se a bad thing, as these usually have less trouble to get the fit and sizing consistent. At least this is what I hear.

CatsCan

Practically Family
You have to be aware, that "Z" stands for "zipper front" and "B" for "buttoned front". I always prefer the buttoned front in most pants since I had a look in a mirror after I had just finished a two hours long guided tour which I lead, just to find all my horses had fled my stable and no one to have warned me about.

Sonero

Practically Family
NEW from Pike Brothers :
1940 USN Jeans
https://pikebrothers-shop.com/ItemView.action?number=P0101-21-0003
Not for me but unique nonetheless.
1940 Dungerees 10oz indigo_3 (Custom)_ID_12342.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB