Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Vintage Camera Club Thread

Late to this party, that's a great little find Alan. Old habits die hard... we still love those old boxes!

Nice m3, MichaelShane. My first Leica.

From my roots, just discovered this current group of large format practitioners.

JD ARTHUR

New in Town
My Dad was a famous free lance photographer, some of his photos were on the covers of LIFE, COLLIERS, LOOK, and TV GUIDE. We always had a darkroom in our house. My sister called me last week and asked if I would like one of Dads cameras. I don't know what it is but I will get it in a few weeks when I go to Los Angeles.

martinsantos

Practically Family
contax.jpg

Just arrived from technician. Zeiss Ikon Contax II, made in 1943. One of the finest cameras I ever tried.

mdmeaux

New in Town
Hello all! I have a Polaroid Highlander Land Camera 80A & would love to find the roll film for it, but that's been a toughy find! Even if I do I know the film may not be any good. Had a camera man check it out. It works, but his comment was "good luck finding some film"! Great, so if anybody has or knows where I can get the film please let me know! I believe it's type 31 or 32 instant roll...thanks!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I know these camera's are far from the best but do you remember the old Zenit Russian SLRs? I recently saw a secondhand Zenit Photosniper kit, complete with all the telephoto stuff on it in my local photographic shop. The camera kit looked like a mini rocket or grenade launcher and I could just imagine the effect this would have if you took it into the streets these days, or worse, through airport security!
I can't really add a picture of my own as the shop would not allow me to photograph this, even as a potential customer.
J

Last edited:
I know the camera's are far from the best but do you remember the old Zenit Russian SLRs? I recently saw a secondhand Zenit Photosniper kit, complete with all the telephoto stuff on it in my local photographic shop. The camera kit looked like a mini rocket or grenade launcher and I could just imagine the effect this would have if you took it into the streets these days, or worse, through airport security!
I can't really add a picture of my own as the shop would not allow me to photograph this, even as a potential customer.
J

I remember the Zenits. Would the shop provide a photo and listed price? That's a great example of cold war technology! I understand why you were forbidden from taking a picture. Someone might see it and buy it, and the shop owner doesn't want that to happen...

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Apparently, they are not that collectable, according to a camera site I looked at. I don't really use eBay as a reference as prices are usually way off to get an average.
I did not really look at the shop price either , sorry, as it was covered by other stuff and had no intension of buying it.
I was curious as I wanted one as a teenager.
I would think it would be an ok design today except for the trigger and hand grip butt was just like an automatic pistol.
"ARMED POLICE! PUT YOUR WEAPON ON THE GROUND AND WALK AWAY" " But Im only taking pictures of some squirrels "
I remember the Zenits. Would the shop provide a photo and listed price? That's a great example of cold war technology! I understand why you were forbidden from taking a picture. Someone might see it and buy it, and the shop owner doesn't want that to happen...

JimWagner

Practically Family
The first 35mm I bought for myself back in the 60's was an Argus C3 like this one. Harry Potter was far in the future then.

ArgusC3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko