Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Vintage Camera Club Thread

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
NOTE TO ALL: If you wish to signify your being a member of The Vintage Camera Club, please feel free to include the following text in your signature:

Member of The Vintage Camera Club

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Member of The Vintage Camera Club.

Here are a few of mine.

I can't verify the dates on most. In fact, I'm only certain of one. So please bear with me. :eusa_doh:

Voightlander Vito II:
Voightlander-7490-Edit.jpg

Since everyone else seems to have one, here's one of my two Argus C3s:
Argus-C3.jpg

Minolta 7s Rangefinder and case:
Minolta-7s-.jpg

Minolta Autocord:
MInolta-Autocord.jpg

For the 8mm fans, my One Nine:
One-Nine.jpg

Not cameras, but they qualify, I'm sure. My two DW-68 Light Meters:
Two-DW-68s.jpg

This Calumet 4X5 was given to me by a friend; I've never used it:
Calumet-4X5-a.jpg

And the favorite of my collection, my 1967 Hasselblad 500C:
Hasselblad-500C.jpg

I have many more, much older cameras, but they're in storage.

RudyN

One of the Regulars
I have two Argus C3 cameras also along with a telephoto & wide angle auxiliary lens. In addition I also have a Kodak and a Voigtlander and can't remember the model name. However they are put away right now as we are doing some remodeling so I can't take pictures of them to post. As soon as the remodeling is done I will. Almost forgot I have a light meter that will work with the Argus C3s.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I hauled the rest of my collection out of storage and took a few more pictures. This isn't everything: I'll add the rest later.

828 format.
Kodak-Bantam_DSC7586.jpg

620 format.
Kodak-Duaflex-III_DSC7593.jpg

After a few hours of shooting, I got a little creative. I'll post the whole camera at another time.
4X5 format.
Lens-and-Board_DSC7626.jpg

Lee

Eyemo

Practically Family
A few of my stills cameras..

some of my still cameras.. The movie stuff is packed away at the moment!..will photograph that soon.:)

042.jpg

045.jpg

Cheers..:)

freebird

Practically Family
Hey Eyemo, what does the cool looking desk mic go to? I've got one desk mic in my collection, not too sure how old it is. It's a D 104 Silver Eagle.

something like this:
Astatic_D-104_Microphone_PanCam_web.jpg

Eyemo

Practically Family
Permision to go off topic??..

I think it's a 1930s 40s airfield control tower mic..:)

DSCN0282016.jpg

DSCN0283017.jpg

DSCN0286020.jpg

freebird

Practically Family
that's very cool! Microphones catch my eye almost as quick as camera's. I think the D-104's were originally for CB radio's, but mine has been modified(plug only) for Ham radio..

Eyemo

Practically Family
Eyemo said:
some of my still cameras.. The movie stuff is packed away at the moment!..will photograph that soon.:)

042.jpg

045.jpg

Cheers..:)

I Love my 35mm Eyemo the most!... BTW. some of you may have seen this actual Film slate before.:) :) :) on a very succesful TV Drama...:)

db5zx

Familiar Face
Here is my collection:

1941 Speed Graphic Anniversary Edition. I also have a flash for that one that is not pictured.
eq4.jpg

Yet another 1941 Speed Graphic Anniversary Edition. I use both regularly to take pictures.
eq5.jpg

An Argus C-3 from 1951. Use it rarely but still takes great pictures.
eq7.jpg

A Bell&Howell Filmo Sportster 8mm film camera. I got two of those. Don't know the exact year, mid-30s to mid-40s. Both work.
eq9.jpg

Bell&Howell 8mm movie projector - same era as the cameras.
eq10.jpg

Bell&Howell Filmo 70A 16mm film camera from the early 20s. Works perfectly.
eq11.jpg

Bell&Howell Filmo 70D 16mm film camera, early 1940s. Better than the 70A due to the three revolving lenses.
eq12.jpg

Bell&Howell Filmo 16mm film projector. 30s or 40s.
eq13.jpg

Also, I own a couple of accessories for the Speed Graphic - lots of film holders, a camera case, a tripod and lots of flash bulbs. Also, I own a Weston Meter from the late 30s.

Allbest,

Jens

db5zx

Familiar Face
Thanks, Eyemo, I really love to use that stuff, too... It's not like the modern, fully automated stuff, you have to do everything and know what you're doing. Plus, you don't just snap away like you do with digital, because it's a) really expensive and b) a lot of work to change film, etc. :)

Especially with the Speed Graphics, the negative quality is amazing. With the Filmo, I once shot a roll of film (Fomapan), had it developed and viewed it with the old projector and - hadn't it been for the modern cars and clothing - it look like it had been shot in the 30s. Great stuff.

Jens

Eyemo

Practically Family
Hi Jens,
I've used both my Eyemo, filmo a few times for commercial work.. the effects and atmosphere are quite stunning once you've got the right filmstock.:)

freebird

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I have a Baby Brownie that belonged to my Aunt. I have yet to get film for it to test it out. Anyone worked with one of those?

I have had my brownie hawkeye since I was 9 (36 years!), it takes 620 which is no longer manufactured. What size film does yours take?

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
Here's a few items from my working collection. The typewriter is a 1930s Oliver portable as used by Winston Churchill. The camera on the right ( z Contax III) has since been sold:

zeiss.jpg

Eyemo

Practically Family
Very nice!... If you plan on selling another Contax let me know;) .. I'm after one. The last two I had are completely jammed after an actor playing Capa took them swimming in salt water:eusa_doh: .. (We kind of new that was going to happen..but it still bugged me big time)..:mad:

freebird

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
The baby takes 127 which i believe you can still get online.
Here is mine:
babybrownie.jpg

That's a nice looking camera, first baby brownie I've seen. Usually see the Hawkeye when hitting the sales and goodwill stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points