Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead on AMC

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It seems the show is pacing itself a lot more like a comic would, but its not as readily translatable to the television medium. I never thought each episode was self contained. I don't mind the slow character stuff as long as its strong.We have just been introduced to a slew of new folks. Im excited to learn about their stories and how they have survived out there.

LD

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I was a skeptic about this show at first, last year I started watching about 3 or 4 weeks in. This year we started the first day and we love it.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Black and white

5150800326_03e63d6787_z-600x480.jpg

FYI

http://screencrush.com/the-walking-dead-black-and-white/

http://io9.com/5968464/amc-will-re+air-all-18-walking-dead-episodes-in-black-and-white

AMC will re-air all 18 Walking Dead episodes in black and white

samtemporary

One of the Regulars
The show is awesome. I've also been reading the graphic novels, which I highly recommend. The show and novels are different enough to keep you interested and not spoil anything.

Of course, if I survived a zombie apocalypse, I'd raid every vintage store I could find so I could kick zombie ass well-dressed!

Maguire

Practically Family
I dont normally watch or like TV, but i am hooked on this show- i started watching for Merle since i'm a Michael Rooker fan, and i do enjoy how the show has a sort of gray morality, every single person is flawed to an extent that they are realistic- ie shane despite being cruel and callous basically had the right idea, and all of his warnings and urgings were basically proven correct by season three (SPOILER for anyone not up to date on the show: he said Andrew lincoln would not be able to protect the group or his wife and he was basically right, and everything Andrew Lincoln's done in the series since shane's death basically was what shane would have done). The Governor and Merle likewise may appear reprehensible at times but at others show considerable bravery and consideration, between the governor's genuine love for his daughter. Merle too could basically be played like a total dirtbag, but he has moments of compassion for his brother, and is tough as nails. These could all be 2 D characters but they aren't. Even the prisoners in the jail aren't totally unjustified in being hostile to the outsiders who come into their hiding place and demand supplies from them, while trying to boot them.. all in all a good show. can't wait for next part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner