Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Westerner" by Resistol

carter

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
They've already refunded the money and I still have the hat and not a word about returning it yet....

It may have been an honest mistake.

Ask if they want you to send the hat back COD. If they don't, you have a free hat.

This is starting to look like an entry for the Strangest Way I Ever Got a Hat thread.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
How true on the strangest way to get a hat thread. I emailed them asking for return info, and have heard nothing. The paypal site says that the money has been returned. Maybe she's just busy. The hat fits pretty nicely, and it would be really nifty if somehow it turned out to be a better hat than what I believe it to be. That and...I want to rebash it!:D

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I'm so glad that you have been nice about it. SO many people will come onto message boards of all kinds when they get something wrong and IMMEDIATELY begin to bitch about how they got the wrong thing, and why can't they do anything right, and don't ever buy anything from this vendor...etc.

People screw up from time to time...heck, even I do. When you get something wrong or unsatisfactory, talk to the person you got it from. Be nice and congenial about it. In fact, go out of your way to be nice. Even if they turn out to be not-so-pleasant. IF, after a period of time, they then refuse to remedy the situation, THEN you have the right to complain, and complain loudly...

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Dutch...thats the way I am...when I was young, and considerably more dumb, I was more of a hot head. Now...why bust a vain...I sent a nice email, she finally responded in a nice manner. I asked for return info, she has still to answer, but she's already returned the payment. So technically, she's out the money and I don't have to return the hat. If she wants it back, I'll send it, if she says keep it...Hey..I'm up a hat and like Carter said...I 've got an entry for "strangest way I got a hat"....:D

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
She finally asked if I would send it back. She offered to email me pictures of another type in 4X . I said sure, send the pics. I'll send the Westerner back tomorrow. So ends my brief journey with a Resistol Westerner...:( :(

But I also picked up a 4X in grey, that arrived with X's intact!:D :D

Now....to play.....:eek: :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
She finally asked if I would send it back. She offered to email me pictures of another type in 4X . I said sure, send the pics. I'll send the Westerner back tomorrow. So ends my brief journey with a Resistol Westerner...:( :(
But I also picked up a 4X in grey, that arrived with X's intact!:D :D
Now....to play.....:eek: :D

I just sent you a PM about the Resistol Westerner.

Does anyone have more information on this? I just purchased this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130653122881?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_500wt_1413 from ebay and would be interested in any info.

Thanks,
Sam

Sam,
I have a Resistol very similar if not exact. Mine has a 3.5 inch brim, not the typical 4 inch, which I like. The Crystal is lighter than silverbelly but not a white.
Mine has seen some tough duty & needs a renovation. If you don't think it'll work for you, let me know as it is my size...

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Will do Mr. Dean, though if it really is nice I think I'll probably keep it. I have an Akubra Silver Spur right now that has a 3.5" brim and it's a nice size as it's doesn't feel so extravagant as the 4" brims.
I'll try to follow up with photos once I receive the hat. It looked interesting at the price to me so hopefully it's worthwhile. Do you know what the composition of your hat is (number of X's etc?). The only thing that has me worried is that it might be wool.

Sam
Sam,
I have a Resistol very similar if not exact. Mine has a 3.5 inch brim, not the typical 4 inch, which I like. The Crystal is lighter than silverbelly but not a white.
Mine has seen some tough duty & needs a renovation. If you don't think it'll work for you, let me know as it is my size...

Will do Mr. Dean, though if it really is nice I think I'll probably keep it. I have an Akubra Silver Spur right now that has a 3.5" brim and it's a nice size as it's doesn't feel so extravagant as the 4" brims.
I'll try to follow up with photos once I receive the hat. It looked interesting at the price to me so hopefully it's worthwhile. Do you know what the composition of your hat is (number of X's etc?). The only thing that has me worried is that it might be wool.

Sam

It is fur felt & probably 2X or XDoubleX as Resistol used to label it. They did come in higher X levels.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I saw a hat by that name in a shop recently, but didn't see the Resistol brand on it anywhere. However, the felt was beautiful and had a very similar clay-like feel as my other Resistol (Wide Country). If it's anything like that, I don't think you'll be disappointed, Sam.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy