Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you want but cannot justify buying...

Brandrea33

One Too Many
So many thoughts on this topic, many of which have been expressed on this thread are the way I feel. For me I have come to the realization that it’s more the journey than the destination. I went through the grail watch phase in the mid-2000’s and eventually acquired my grail timepiece. As with most things for me I also had to buy other watches to fill that void until I reached nirvana. Thankfully for the sake of my bank account I have not bought a new watch since 2006 and i am ok with that. However, my fellow watch collector buddy has not stopped and has quite the collection now. The one pictured that he recently purchased kinda makes me want to come out of my self imposed retirement. I could afford it but just can’t push myself to spend it or jump back into the search and destroy mode. View attachment 424386
I owed the 126660 for about 3 years or so. Great reference but wears quite heavy and tall on the wrist. I traded it for the 126600 (red line SeaDweller) which is slightly smaller.

The DBlue is is a great rotation piece, but I’d use caution if you’re looking for a one and done Rolex.

Viking752

Practically Family
I owed the 126660 for about 3 years or so. Great reference but wears quite heavy and tall on the wrist. I traded it for the 126600 (red line SeaDweller) which is slightly smaller.

The DBlue is is a great rotation piece, but I’d use caution if you’re looking for a one and done Rolex.
My two-tone Submariner is my prized Rolex simply because it was a Father’s Day gift in 2005. But…..that Dblue makes me think.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Oh, that's & I think many of us here are chemically dependent on the serotonin derived from buying clothes we don't need, most of which at this point can only turn out to be inferior to the stuff we already acquired (and sold, which also causes the same effect because it corrects the mistake we k̵n̵o̵w̵ believe we've made but that's another story altogether) but honestly, if it does make me happy, why drop money on something that doesn't make me happy?

Things that I need, like household stuff depress me because it isn't the life I chose & I don't want to need things just because it is socially acceptable though utterly inconsequential. But I'm maladjusted anyway so that's not normal and not like people feel at all 'cause people seem to enjoy that stuff so that's okay.

On the other hand, I enjoy buying gifts! That's one thing I never regretted. Maybe whenever I nearly decide to pull the trigger on something really expensive, I should just buy a gift. I mean, the money's forfeit anyway so why not just re-direct it toward something that will actually leave me with a feeling of happiness that won't fade away within a couple of days?

Bro... Look at it! Even the pocket setup is dead on. That longass zipper...

Seriously tho, there's a lot of them. Most are junk but this one and the black and white Fidelity are top quality stuff!

Proceeding with junk I want and don't want.

55582-181206-0203_1.jpg

55582-181206-0203_2.jpg
100%

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Hey some coolest actors like Bruce Willis and Jason Stratham have proudly displayed a bald head, if I ever lost anymore I would surely go bald I wouldn’t try to hold onto it and have hair growing on the sides and not the top, it would be Gillette shaven all the way.
Some woman actually like it
gilette couldnt pay me to use their products after their toxic masculinity campaign a few years ago. i do not use products from people that hate me. i dont villify others for who they are, dont villify me for who i am.

dannyk

One Too Many
gilette couldnt pay me to use their products after their toxic masculinity campaign a few years ago. i do not use products from people that hate me. i dont villify others for who they are, dont villify me for who i am.
Do you mind direct/private messaging me about this? I’m genuinely curious what happened and how I missed it? Thanks in advance.

willyto

One Too Many
Do you mind direct/private messaging me about this? I’m genuinely curious what happened and how I missed it? Thanks in advance.
Man you really have lived under a rock!

I don't buy their products either.

I shave my face and head with a 1912 Eveready like this one with SE razors though(not my photo)
ZwcYbHa.jpg

Best shave I've ever had.

dannyk

One Too Many

I shave my face and head with a 1912 Eveready like this one with SE razors though(not my photo)
ZwcYbHa.jpg

I buy straight blades and shave soap myself…and don’t watch much tv. If that makes me living under a rock I guess I’ll happily go back under it.

dannyk

One Too Many

ZwcYbHa.jpg

But in reality I honestly just must have missed it. I work in politics and I usually really try to stay up on things; I don’t want to blow this thread up and take it way away from original intent; but I want to be a good ally and listen. But if it was that big of a deal I’m going to Google it and read up!

dannyk

One Too Many

ZwcYbHa.jpg

Also about shaving......do you know the brand The Holy Black? I enjoy them a lot because they make good enough quality...not the best, far from the best...but good stuff. What I love about them though is they do themed sets and things for holidays and they go way above and out of this world. Like I got one of their halloween sets and it was called black magic, came with a black candle, matches, shave soap, aftershave, ouija board, and another thing or two Im forgetting that were a lot of fun.

There's also Langlitz Death's Head Cascade...

IMGP0275.JPG

But do I honestly need another leather jacket, even if it's a white one? I won't be able to wear a leather jacket for five months now and if it can't be lined in quilted lining, I will get exactly two months of worth of wear per year out of it.

Learning Kendo, I also want a katana. Cheap one, don't need to be nothing overly fancy. But then again, what the ef for. . .

zifwutiygpv51.jpg

Edward

Bartender
There's also Langlitz Death's Head Cascade...

IMGP0275.JPG

But do I honestly need another leather jacket, even if it's a white one? I won't be able to wear a leather jacket for five months now and if it can't be lined in quilted lining, I will get exactly two months of worth of wear per year out of it.

Learning Kendo, I also want a katana. Cheap one, don't need to be nothing overly fancy. But then again, what the ef for. . .

zifwutiygpv51.jpg

Those Langlitz look pretty cool, though what I imagine would further limit that design is I can't see it being wearable open...

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Hair is completely overrated.
this is what I repeat daily, maybe one day I'll convince myself. I have always had long hair. Really really long hair. Until Mother Nature played her cruel jokes on me (NB - I am the first in my extended family with a bowling ball for head). If someone ever discovered the therapy then, except for the Nobel price, his name would be blessed eternally by millions of men.

dannyk

One Too Many
this is what I repeat daily, maybe one day I'll convince myself. I have always had long hair. Really really long hair. Until Mother Nature played her cruel jokes on me (NB - I am the first in my extended family with a bowling ball for head). If someone ever discovered the therapy then, except for the Nobel price, his name would be blessed eternally by millions of men.
I embraced my lack of hair and just fully shave it bald regularly and I don’t mind it. I’d rather have slick bald head than whatever is left to grow at this point ha. I also wore hats since I was like 10 just always enjoyed them so I get covered up a lot and it’s nice because people don’t think I’m trying to hide my bald head or run from the truth up there ha; they just know I’ve always worn hats even when I had thick luxurious hair.

The biggest issue I had with balding is that I swear it all happened at once. I wasn’t a gradual balding. I lost the majority of my hair and my hairline in like 1 year. Then I spent about 5 years with no changes and now I’m actually getting older and it makes sense at my age to be losing it faster.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A shaved head is the most practical thing there is and it usually looks good.
And very few women see anything negative about it. Quite the opposite.
But maybe it is with me also so that I had up to a very short long-haired time, the hair always very short or completely shaved. And before I finally switched to komplettrasur, I had dyed the hair once platinum blond *lol* Was almost white. But then more and more people are so rumgelaufen and then I stopped again. That was in the middle of the 90s.

But there is one downside: my head gets cold quickly. That means I often wear a cap or hat.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I hate to be a buzz kill but while my rampant consumerism often has me lusting after things, experience and wisdom has taught me they only fill the void for a very short time. It’s what keeps me from clicking buy often. I’m not great at it and have lost a bundle selling the things i just had to have. Dinner with my wife, hanging with the kids, a round or two with the fellas, that’s where my money is best spent. That said, damn I want a bike i can put a sidecar on for Hank the wonder mutt!

Honestly this is closer to my reality now that almost any other perspective.

I am quite happy with the small collection of jackets I have left. I am now overdue to write up reviews/progress reports on them. I have a couple pair of boots to sell that just have not worked out size-wise. But as far as what to buy next, well that's really a toss-up. About the only jacket that has caught my eye is the highly illusive Eastman Highway Star, which it seems no-one on here has, or has been able to work out the sizing for. For the $1600 USD it would take to obtain one, there are a lot of other priorites higher than that.

A shaved head is the most practical thing there is and it usually looks good.
And very few women see anything negative about it. Quite the opposite.

Agreed.

Again, I shouldn't be talking as I have decent hairline and while I've more often than not kept my hair long (occasionally very long), the only times I've ever actually been complemented on the way I look was when I shaved my head.

My best friends female friend is a bona fide appearance-fascist, especially when it comes to men and the way they look. Like, you know the type of girl who thinks that every guy ever is ugly.

Anyway I recently shaved my head bald and I was hanging out with my friend and the chick arrived, looked at me and said "Huh!". This immediately had me thrown into defensive mode and I asked what's that supposed to mean and she just replied "Funny, this is the first time I noticed that you're actually handsome.".

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Flat top, long hair..fell out..hats now..love hats..Stetson flat cap and Buzz Rickson cotton watch cap this weekend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21