Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you want but cannot justify buying...

willyto

One Too Many
I've been shaving my head for almost a year now. I used to go to the barber twice a month and have him (A shaved head barber as it happens) fade and keep it short at the top (3-4)

Well, I moved and in order to save some money and time and decided to shave it. Best decission I've ever made. So practical, I feel great and save around 30€ a month for other things (I used to tip my barber every time).

Yesterday after almost a year without visiting him I went by the barbershop to say hi and he had no customers so I sat down and we chatted for quite a while, almost half an hour if not more. He said that I look great and that I did the right decission, he even gave me tips on how to shave and what type machine to buy if I ever wanted to just trim it very short.

After so many years cutting my hair it's a bit sad to not go ever 2 weeks but I prefer to do it myself at home. I do look a bit like Bronson though with the moustache:

EHcmrKh.gif

dannyk

One Too Many
I've been shaving my head for almost a year now. I used to go to the barber twice a month and have him (A shaved head barber as it happens) fade and keep it short at the top (3-4)

Well, I moved and in order to save some money and time and decided to shave it. Best decission I've ever made. So practical, I feel great and save around 30€ a month for other things (I used to tip my barber every time).

Yesterday after almost a year without visiting him I went by the barbershop to say hi and he had no customers so I sat down and we chatted for quite a while, almost half an hour if not more. He said that I look great and that I did the right decission, he even gave me tips on how to shave and what type machine to buy if I ever wanted to just trim it very short.

After so many years cutting my hair it's a bit sad to not go ever 2 weeks but I prefer to do it myself at home. I do look a bit like Bronson though with the moustache:

EHcmrKh.gif
I like to switch it up. I’ve gotten great at shaving my own head and face and it’s so much cheaper. But now and then a warm towel and the ability to lean back and relax can’t be beat.

Last edited:
My wife says it’s time for me to embrace my hair-loss and go short, but I’m just not there yet.

Literally find a new wife! You must not do this. Tell her relevant people on the internet said otherwise!

But I somehow feel it won't change a thing and you'll somehow magically look even cooler in the pics.

Things you want but cannot justify buying...​

now has turned into

Things you want to grow but end up shaving ...
LOL. I can’t help but feel fully responsible and offer my most insincere and heartfelt f u to those with a glorious mane. Or any mane. Even some scraps. Bastards. LOL. Come at me bro. I’ll be rubbing Macdonald’s French fries on my dome. I’m loving it.

dwilson

A-List Customer
I feel if/when I start losing my hair I'll prob get treatment. I used to buzz my hair and I don't look good with it that short. Sort of like how I consider my LASIK surgery the best $5k I've ever spent in my life.

01flhr

One of the Regulars
I wonder is there any correlation between the stress and heartbreak of finding the perfect size jacket or lamenting over perfect jacket accidentally sold in the past with hair and scalp health
mine were on their way out long before i figured out what quality really was.

It is beyond degenerate that baldness and perfectly legit ways to deal with it, such as wigs - Which, to me personally, need not to be unlike hats! - were and still are met with mockery while ridiculous shit like comb-over is considered acceptable. It is as if the entire society agreed that it is better for a guy to look like a creep (and probably feel like one because that shit ain't fooling nobody and nobody wants to be doing it) than to actually look good.

Then there's that "shave it and own it" crap, immediately followed with a list of popular bald people to whom it would be wise to compare, such as The Rock, Jason Statham, Patrick Stewart, etc. which is just as idiotic. The fact that those few names have been thrown around for two decades now without anyone new entering the bald game speaks enough about how unacceptable baldness (still) is.

Of course, hair transplant is cool too because the guy must be loaded so suddenly baldness isn't that big of a deal.

Wigs are cool. They're better than Finasteride or Rogaine or whatever plus one day you can switch styles! Like jackets!

Speaking of the original topic (and vision), I finally decided to buy a pair of glasses and I am having zero trouble spending whatever the perfect frame might cost. I guess it's just my brain knowing better than I do what I don't need but whenever something that I truly want pops up, I won't think twice before hitting BIN.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve tried the lotions and potions approach in the past and it didn’t work at any level I could notice or that anyone ever commented on…was pricey though. Was in Turkey recently and saw loads of young men wandering the streets of Istanbul with evidence of recent hair transplant surgery. Happy with a buzz cut and a decent hat these days but used to rock a flat top once followed by long hair down my back. I don’t personally believe transplants work very well for most, if I ever feel like the feel of hair again it would be the glue on piece as opposed to a full ‘syrup’.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On the matter of eyes I rock contact lenses though am thinking of investing in a pair of specs for first thing in the morning. On the issue of teeth I lost a front incisor a few years ago and ended up with a small glue in denture which is a complete mare to live with. Am currently most of the way through implant surgery which means the denture will be no more from July..not cheap but I’m sick of glueing a piece of plastic in my mouth everyday.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Talk about your sticker shock! I know it comes from Japan, but 1.5x the price of the statue itself is outrageous!
LGOf4ly.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko