Thinking about having my Brooks CR shortened

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by t4halo, Jan 16, 2021.

1. t4halo

t4halo Familiar Face

A3E2E201-E341-46C1-82FC-591695E54FB6.jpeg 41A30410-6FD2-4DE4-9967-FFF409603194.jpeg I purchased this really nice gold label a couple years ago and would probably wear it more if it wasnt so long. It’s 29 1/2” in back length from the base of the collar. Everything else fits pretty well. My Langlitz is 26 1/2” and I like the fit. Is it worth the cost of the old Brooks to have it altered? I’m 5’8”.

Thanks, T4

2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

If you will enjoy it more, then Yes!
    29.5” is way too long for me, and I’m 5’10.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  3. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

If you otherwise love the jacket and will be wearing it more, then yes. The zipper looks like it can take the alteration. If new zipper were needed then I'd think twice because it would be about $75 extra, plus the cost of the new zipper.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    handymike likes this.
  4. lina

lina Practically Family

I say Yes. Especially because the jacket looks to be in such good condition. If you get it just the way you want it you can wear it for many many years.

5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

How long are the sleeves? That is a tall size and usually the sleeves of these are 28 inches long, so that's worth considering. I think cutting it back 3 to 4 inches might make it look off.

6. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Exactly..