Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is just painful to watch

Feraud

Bartender
Yeah, well ... what the film doesn't show is all the other kids who answered the questions correctly. Nearly all of them were edited out ... because they would have spoiled the flick's "shock factor".
Exactly. There are plenty of students out there who can answer those questions and a few the interviewer hasn't thought of yet..

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Still...this is gonna be the old folks' email/facebook forward of the month.
grandpa%20on%20computer%20funny.jpg

GOOD GRAVY MARGE, WHAT ARE WE COMING TO?

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
OK, I get the “shock” factor that this clip is supposed to have by editing out all the kids that answered correctly. However, the exact same kids seem to be giving the wrong answers every time. I have often wondered what these sorts of people think about or do when they are not learning basic information. I also get that not everyone is going to be a genius, but these questions are pretty basic.

I think the same thing when I see adults on the Jay Leno show’s “Jay Walking”.

Atomic Age

Practically Family
To be fair they did show some students getting the right answers. But also to be fair, I went to high school with these same kids (or maybe it was their parents) 35 years ago. They are the same today as they were then.

To be fair one more time, I don't think you can expect a 15 year old to know or care about most of this stuff. They barely know what they had for breakfast. Many of them grow out of it, sadly many of them don't.

Doug

Dan Rodemsky

One of the Regulars
To be fair they did show some students getting the right answers. But also to be fair, I went to high school with these same kids (or maybe it was their parents) 35 years ago. They are the same today as they were then.

To be fair one more time, I don't think you can expect a 15 year old to know or care about most of this stuff. They barely know what they had for breakfast. Many of them grow out of it, sadly many of them don't.

Doug

That's not fair.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, well ... what the film doesn't show is all the other kids who answered the questions correctly. Nearly all of them were edited out ... because they would have spoiled the flick's "shock factor".

Exactly what I thought before I even scrolled down. This video is painful for me to watch because of that "shock factor."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider