Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is kind of silly....

Lamont Cranston

New in Town
Silly? yes!

I like the part about the car.
If You need to change your hairstyle shouldn't you also get a new car that you can wear your hat in when driving?
LC

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Hey, at least it's a step in the right direction!

We're not the target audience--it does give some good starting tips, though some are indeed amusing.

There are some interesting/amusing links at the bottom, too.

More Articles Like This
How to Wear a Fedora
How to Buy a Fedora
How to Feminize a Fedora
How to Make a Fedora
How to Use Tread Wear Indicators

How to use tread wear indicators????[huh] In the "How to Feminize a Fedora" you're told how to glue "garnish" to your hat. :p

And, of course, it's always nice to see one of our FL vendor ads on other sites than the FL! In this case, TheFedoraStore.com.

Speaking of that, does it kind of bother anyone else that the hat the Fedora Store guy is wearing has the bow on the right side? I know, the image was probably reversed in order to use it on the left side of banners and ad materials, and someone new to men's hats probably wouldn't notice, but still...

It's kind of like the old underwater theme desktop background that Windows used to have in '98. First time I chose it I thought cool, a scuba diver! (I'm a diver.) Then I realized something was wrong with the picture. It had been reversed, and all of the equipment was on the wrong sides. I had to find the image on the hard drive and reverse it to how it should have been before I could leave it up without it driving me nuts! lol

But I digress... back on topic, I probably won't be using the instructions for how to make a fedora any time soon!

Cheers,
Tom

Nashoba

One Too Many
I'm surprised there's more than two steps on that....
1. buy fedora
2. put it on your head

because it seems to me that in seeing some of the people wearing them recently that's about as far as they got....not all but certainly some....not nearly as classy as the gents I've seen here....

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Nashoba said:
I'm surprised there's more than two steps on that....
1. buy fedora
2. put it on your head

because it seems to me that in seeing some of the people wearing them recently that's about as far as they got....not all but certainly some....not nearly as classy as the gents I've seen here....

Actually, for some apparently you first need to define fedora! Yesterday at the Wal-Mart in Chillicothe I saw two other men wearing hats. The second one I talked to I mentioned that he was the second guy I'd seen wearing a fedora in the store, when normally I'm the only one. He came back over to me and asked "Is that what this is called? I always just called it a hat." He was about my age (upper forties.)

Turns out it was a Dorfman-Pacific that he said he'd bought at Penney's about 20 years ago. He said he wore it fairly often. It still looked pretty good. He just never knew that the style had an actual name.

When I requested "FEDORA" for my license plate I had to give the BMV the definition as the clerk didn't know what one was even when one was on the head across from the counter from her!:eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

pgoat

One Too Many
scotrace - thank you for moving thread - hadn't had my coffee yet this AM...:eek:

This reminds of an Ann Landers (or was it Dear Abby?) column, where someone asked why (male) cyclists shave their legs, and the 'expert' opinion was: to avoid getting leg hair caught in the drive chain....

(even if you are not a big fan of cycling, assuming you've only ever even seen a bicycle once, you'd know that only Chewbacca or Sasquatch would even have a sliver of worry about this....)lol

pgoat

One Too Many
Lamont Cranston said:
I like the part about the car.
If You need to change your hairstyle shouldn't you also get a new car that you can wear your hat in when driving?
LC

Yeah, that was my fave too. Cost of avg. new fedora: $39,023.00 ($23 for the hat):D

Jovan

Suspended
Tango Yankee said:
When I requested "FEDORA" for my license plate I had to give the BMV the definition as the clerk didn't know what one was even when one was on the head across from the counter from her!:eusa_doh:
worthlesswithoutpics

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Love this advice: "Buy two fedoras, one made of straw for daytime wear and a felt or twill one to wear at night."

Damn! And all this time, I've been wearing a felt fedora during the daytime...:rolleyes:

Cheers,
JtL

Jovan

Suspended
Hey, some people really wouldn't know! And there is a certain iconic character who wears straws when it's raining. :p

BR_Gaff_Is_Enigmatic.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, pgoat!

pgoat said:
Is that Maggie Simpson on yer dashboard?

No, but it kind of looks like her from here, doesn't it? It's actually a pig wearing bunny ears. My wife hid it in my truck for Easter during my brief stint as an over-the-road truck driver. When I quit I stuck it there, and there it's stayed!

Cheers,
Tom

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
jimmy the lid said:
Love this advice: "Buy two fedoras, one made of straw for daytime wear and a felt or twill one to wear at night."
Ya, so I'm supposed to wear a straw hat in NYC tomorrow afternoon when it's 25¬?F? :eusa_doh:

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Tango Yankee said:
Speaking of that, does it kind of bother anyone else that the hat the Fedora Store guy is wearing has the bow on the right side? I know, the image was probably reversed in order to use it on the left side of banners and ad materials, and someone new to men's hats probably wouldn't notice, but still...

lol I hadn't noticed myself!

I do know that reversal happens all the time in Graphic Design, though. And even when I screen-cap'd Homer for my avatar his hat was backwards ... I had to "re" reverse it for it to be correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart