Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Blondie. Definitely.

And I can't believe no one has touched this (or maybe I can)...

Ginger or Mary Ann?

I will always choose the girl-next-door, the girl who will roll up her trouser bottoms and start bailing water with you when the basement floods over the girl who can't pass by a mirror without checking herself out. It's not about looks, it's about being a regular person that you can get through life together with as a team.

Faded old mirrors or shiny new ones (we just had to make this decision in our restoration)?

I will always choose the girl-next-door, the girl who will roll up her trousers and start bailing water with you when the basement floods over the girl who can't pass by a mirror without checking herself out. It's not about looks, it's about being a regular person that you can get through life together with as a team.

Faded old mirrors or shiny new ones (we just had to make this decision in our restoration)?

I'm probably in the minority on this, but a mirror pretty much has one function: to reflect an image back at you. If the silver is peeling off the back or is scratched and faded, it doesn't do that job as well. So, whenever possible, I prefer a shiny mirror (though it doesn't necessarily have to be new).

digital or analog watch? (I'm pretty sure I know the answer from most of you)

JimWagner

Practically Family
I'm probably in the minority on this, but a mirror pretty much has one function: to reflect an image back at you. If the silver is peeling off the back or is scratched and faded, it doesn't do that job as well. So, whenever possible, I prefer a shiny mirror (though it doesn't necessarily have to be new).

digital or analog watch? (I'm pretty sure I know the answer from most of you)

Analog. Preferably on a chain and in my pocket.

There are people today raised on digital watches and clocks who don't understand the concept of quarter or half past the hour.

Watch or cell phone?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Analog. Preferably on a chain and in my pocket.

There are people today raised on digital watches and clocks who don't understand the concept of quarter or half past the hour.

Watch or cell phone?
I love pocket watches.

Old faded vintage leather jacket?

New modern material jacket?

Be careful...there’s gents next door that will gouge your eyes
if you answer new...:D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I love pocket watches.

Old faded vintage leather jacket?

New modern material jacket?

Be careful...there’s gents next door that will gouge your eyes
if you answer new...:D
No threats necessary, old jacket of course!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Miss Budweiser or Miss Pay 'n Pak?

Blondie.

Bloom County or Doonesbury?

Bloom County: Opus might be my favorite cartoon character of all.

Calling it Ping-Pong or Table Tennis?

Edit: must have been typing at the same time as Lizzie,

Peanuts for it being ahead of its time, but love Calvin and Hobbes.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Bloom County was a work of demented genius. Doonesbury is a chronicle of a generation. It's a tossup for me.

Peanuts or Calvin and Hobbes?
Bloom County: Opus might be my favorite cartoon character of all.

Edit: must have been typing at the same time as Lizzie,

Peanuts for it being ahead of its time, but love Calvin and Hobbes.

Table tennis. Although my preference is Grand Slam tennis.

Tennis surface...
Clay? (French)

or

Grass? (England)

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Table tennis. Although my preference is Grand Slam tennis.

Tennis surface...
Clay? (French)

or

Grass? (England)

Grass.

Jeeves or Wooster (this may have been asked already, apologies if so...)? (Clay or grass reminded me of part of a joke Wooster tells in one episode of the show, hard of hearing ladies on a train - "Is this Wimbledon? No, it's Thursday...)

Nobert

Practically Family
Wooster. Jeeves may have his fantastic brain, but Bertie Wooster is, I think, the really remarkable character. Destined by class and means to be in a permanent larval state, he is aware of, and comfortable with, his shortcomings. He knows he's not the sharpest tack in the bulletin board, and is totally free of malice, empathetic, and eager to help his friends, however he may bungle the methodology.

Hammet or Chandler?

No threats necessary, old jacket of course!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Miss Budweiser or Miss Pay 'n Pak?

I say Pak.

And I'm betting there's but a small minority here who know what we're talking about.

Keeping with the theme, Rolls Royce Merlin or Allison?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I say Pak.

And I'm betting there's but a small minority here who know what we're talking about.

Keeping with the theme, Rolls Royce Merlin or Allison?
The Merlin sounds better, but the Allison is more durable! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rolls Royce Merlin or Griffin?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Bloom County was a work of demented genius. Doonesbury is a chronicle of a generation. It's a tossup for me.

Peanuts or Calvin and Hobbes?

Calvin and Hobbes. I went to school with Watterson, and have been fond of his work since Mewkis and Fester.

As for cartoons, "Tillie the Toiler" or "That Son-in-law of Pa's"?

Nobert

Practically Family
Polly, just because I can always distinguish and remember it, whereas 'Toots and Casper' I'm always confusing with Tillie the Toiler or Somebody's Stenog or some such.

Fliesher or Mesmer?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Messmer was a genius who had the great misfortune of working for Pat Sullivan. Max and Dave Fleischer were both geniuses who had the great misfortune of working with each other. It's a tossup.

Leon Schlesinger or Eddie Selzer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany