Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Those that pray, please pray for my friend.

Trickeration

Practically Family
Hi.
I just found out that my dear friend and dance partner, Kirk Tuey, is in the hospital. On friday, he fell 15 feet into a snowboarding tube and has suffered serious head injuries. We was flown to a trauma center and was still unconcious and falling in and out of a coma as of last night.
The last CAT scan shows no paralysis, but his right hand and leg are less responsive than on his left side. Apparently he had an injury deep in the brain that had some bleeding, but the bleeding seems to have stopped now. They've also removed the screw with the shunt from his scalp. They did and MRI, and we're now waiting on that report.
So please, if you will, keep Kirk in your thoughts, and if you pray, please pray for him. It would mean so much to all of us. Thank you all. Trix

Trickeration

Practically Family
Thanks so much everyone. I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the news. It feels a bit like I've had the wind knocked out me. Things won't be the same until he's back.
76ra.jpg
Kirk and I at the Ft. MacArthur Air Raid event Feb 2004

Tin Pan Sally

well wishes

Oh how awful! I'll keep him in my thoughts. It's amazing how people can recover. A coworker of mine was in a coma from a car accident in which her vehicle rolled over several times. She was up and walking with a cane three months later. Let's hope he has the same results!

Trickeration

Practically Family
Thank you all so much for your support. Your thoughts and prayers are truly appreciated, and I'll make sure that my friend Debbie tells Kirk's mom, too, that so many more are praying for him. I'm still waiting for on the latest report from Kirk's mom, and I'll post when I know what's up. We're taking to heart the stories people have sent us about friends and family who have come through these kinds of injuries successfully, and that God can heal even when the doctors say it's not possible.

Thanks again everyone. Take care and God bless. Trix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo