Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts from Orson Welles

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The question for me, is did he really piss this friend off before he died? It's not exactly flattering what they published. If that's just a taste...

Either that or the friend saw a money maker a mile off. Everybody loves dirt. And this appears to be nothing but.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well, it appears that these things are like buried tires; eventually they work their way to the surface. Nothing stays hidden forever.

Great men, great women have great flaws, all around. It's interesting to hear about them, I suppose. If I were to dive in and do a full academic piece on these folks as Simon Callow did, this information may lend perspective to other materials.

As a casual reader I find it dismissively interesting.

Is it so amazing that celebrities display the same character flaws as 99% of everyone all of us have ever met?

Is it more astonishing that Welles, great an actor though he was, couldn't see past his ego to his own flaws? His sniping at the minor flaws of others merely point out how all too aware of his own problems he was.

Is there anything really shocking in any of this? Or just faded Hollywood tittle-tattle?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner