Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Imagine Seeing a New Orson Welles Film for the Frist Time...

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Soon you will be able to see Welles' lost masterpiece just in time for his 100th birthday.

If you've ever wanted to discover a Welles film for the first time anywhere and at anytime, this is your chance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/29/m...l?smid=nytcore-ipad-share&smprod=nytcore-ipad

Excerpt from the article, “This is like finding the Land of Oz or some lost tomb,” said Josh Karp, the author of a book about the movie to be published next year by St. Martin’s Press. “This film is art imitating life and life imitating art. It’s become so mythical because of what happened with all the failures to finish it and the players involved.”

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
only 45 minutes were edited by Welles, so the rest will be edited by the team in 'the style of Welles' as best they can.
it sounds interesting, but it's not a 'lost masterpiece' if the director never completed it.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Now I want them to find a lost Hitchcock film that he did between "To Catch a Thief" and "Rear Window." He seemed to be quite a groove then.

TCM showed a full episode of Hitchcock on Dick Cavett, last night. It was an excellent interview! I too would love for the movie you mentioned to be found. That would be a treat to see, I think.

That Orson Welles movie sounds very interesting, as well. The Film Forum is showing many of his movies all through January. Also, from Dec 25-Dec 31, they are showing "Shop Around The Corner" ....via an archival 35mm print.

- Ian

TCM showed a full episode of Hitchcock on Dick Cavett, last night. It was an excellent interview! I too would love for the movie you mentioned to be found. That would be a treat to see, I think.

That Orson Welles movie sounds very interesting, as well. The Film Forum is showing many of his movies all through January. Also, from Dec 25-Dec 31, they are showing "Shop Around The Corner" ....via an archival 35mm print.

- Ian

"Shop Around the Corner" is a little gem of a movie. The two remakes - "Good Old Summertime" (barely watchable) and "You've Got Mail" (over-rated) - are nothing compared to what Jimmy Stewart, Margaret Sullivan and Frank Morgan did. The movie has a warm feel that captures the humanity of a small business and budding love affair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21