Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

That is a great fit! Do you by any chance know what's the length of this jacket and the height of the person sporting it?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just received this awesome photo from a customer this morning...Aero J107 in black Chromexcel FQHH!

www.thurston-bros.com

www.insurrectionperformance.com

Aero J107 customer.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Aero's New Gorgeous Goatskin!

Just received a beautiful Aero Pioneer that was spec'd with black goatskin...really nice change from their earlier offerings. This black goatskin has a rich black color and, while it has body, it does have a softer hand. Goatskin is known for its toughness and water resistance, while being lightweight and supple. This particular jacket has an OD green cotton drill lining with OD green contrast top-stitching! For fans of Aero's old goatskin, we think you'll like this even better...

www.thurston-bros.com

www.insurrectionperformance.com

Aero Goatskin Black 1 smaller.jpg

Aero Goatskin Black 4 smaller.jpg

Aero Goatskin Black 7 smaller.jpg

Aero Goatskin Black 5 smaller.jpg

Aero Goatskin Black 6 smaller.jpg

trapp

Practically Family
So nice.

I've admired the Pioneer since Aero first introduced it a 2-3 years back (in Kudu leather if memory serves). It has a lot going on, yet manages to look simple, elegant, and balanced. Would love to see more photos of people wearing it.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I would say that the goat suits it better, it's a much nicer proposition in weight and looks. Not a fan of kudu, tbh, to me it was exotic for exoticism's sake, rather than actually being than a nice hide. YMMV of course.

Amir

New in Town
Aero's New Gorgeous Goatskin!

This black goatskin has a rich black color and, while it has body, it does have a softer hand. Goatskin is known for its toughness and water resistance, while being lightweight and supple. This particular jacket has an OD green cotton drill lining with OD green contrast top-stitching!

View attachment 17769

This Pioneer has my name on it. Literally (I think!)

View attachment 17770

It has a lot going on, yet manages to look simple, elegant, and balanced.

Nicely put. My thoughts, exactly:

View attachment 17771

View attachment 17772

View attachment 17773

After lurking for about a year, and accumulating info/advice from all of the good folks who populate TFL, including members, Aero in Scotland, Carrie and Wade in Seattle, etc. I took a little from one poster and a bit from another to settle on a black goatskin Pioneer, with contrast OD green stitching/lining. I figure the Pioneer will be a versatile, grab and go to work or play jacket!

Thanks again to what I gleaned, in part from those already mentioned, I also have a rough and ready for anything Aero Teamster in tumbled brown FQHH and a gorgeous A-2 Eastman Rough Wear Contract No. 27752 in Warhorse seal brown ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari