Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Classic Aero Highwayman in brown CXL steerhide...this is an all-around great jacket for year-round use and it can be spec'd with zip sleeves for safer (and warmer) motorcycle riding! We have these in-stock in a variety of sizes and leathers, so reserve one today for either an off-the-rack sale or a custom Aero fitting...we still have 12 production slots available for our October production at the Aero factory!

www.thurston-bros.com

www.insurrectionperformance.com

Aero Highwayman.jpg

Even that HWM fits Wade so much better than my J109 does me, and it isn't supposed to be a trim fitting jacket at all... :(

Damo

A-List Customer
Carrie, what are the differences between the vanson chopper, chp and Colorado deluxe? Thx

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, what are the differences between the vanson chopper, chp and Colorado deluxe? Thx

The main difference is the lace up sides and standard Brando collar on the CHP and Colorado. The fit is similar, except the CHP and Colorado is sized in terms of #s (42, 44, 46, etc.), not S, M, L, XL, etc.

Damo

A-List Customer
The main difference is the lace up sides and standard Brando collar on the CHP and Colorado. The fit is similar, except the CHP and Colorado is sized in terms of #s (42, 44, 46, etc.), not S, M, L, XL, etc.

Are there advantages to the Brando collar and the lace sides? That is if they are advantages or just a matter of preference.

You can adjust the width of the of jacket with side laces but the collar is simply a matter of preference. Mandarin collar, like on the Chopper jacket, is usually shorter and goes all around the neck. It can push into your throat, however, which can be really annoying, but other than that, no difference at all.

Damo

A-List Customer
You can adjust the width of the of jacket with side laces but the collar is simply a matter of preference. Mandarin collar, like on the Chopper jacket, is usually shorter and goes all around the neck. It can push into your throat, however, which can be really annoying, but other than that, no difference at all.

Thx Monitor. I saw that one could add fur to the collar of the CHP or Colorado. I really liked the look of the chopper so I will stick with that.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
It seems, from our cooler nights here in the Pacific Northwest, that Fall has begun! With Fall realized, it's definitely time to get that stunning Aero jacket that you've always wanted...getting the fit that you desire is paramount, so give us a call and we'll get you going with an Aero fit jacket! There are a ton of different Aero fits, and we'll advise you every step of the way!

ABR2.jpg

Aero cafe facebook.jpg

Aero Sunburst front 1.jpg

Aero Fontana Racer.jpg

Aero Aeromarine Slimfit Front 5.jpg

www.thurston-bros.com

Thx Monitor. I saw that one could add fur to the collar of the CHP or Colorado. I really liked the look of the chopper so I will stick with that.

No problem. You can add a fur collar to a Chopper as well, bunyip had it done on his jacket. Also, another huge disadvantage of a mandarin collar is that it can't be popped up so you can forget about that super cool look. XD

Damo

A-List Customer
No problem. You can add a fur collar to a Chopper as well, bunyip had it done on his jacket. Also, another huge disadvantage of a mandarin collar is that it can't be popped up so you can forget about that super cool look. XD

Cool I didn't think you could.. Nice to know I have that option… a few years back i was in florida with a couple of friends and it was the time when people were popping their collars so my friend had his popped in a bar/night club and some big dude came up to him and told they kill people who pop their collar!!! thanks for reminding me of that!!!!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Gorgeous jackets, Carrie! Looks like the September orders are coming through nicely. Could you ask Aero to snap some pics of my two tone J106 for me before they ship it my way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael