Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, is this and off the rack Sonoma? or an order? I like the chest zippers.

Thanks,

This was an off-the-rack Sonoma. However, a lot of our custom customers order the Aero Sonoma with the Talon bell-pulls and horsehide toggles...

Here's a custom Aero Sonoma Cafe' Racer with Talon bell-pulls on one of our custom customers that was referred to us by a TFL member...he looks great!

AeroIanHunter_zps1e70f2a9.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Insurrection/Thurston Bros. has only 9 October Aero production slots left available for North American customers...beat the Fall rush and get your custom Aero flight, Aero utility, or Aero motorcycle jacket by late October/early November!

Insurrection/Thurston Bros. employee ;) with a happy customer in his Aero Fontana Cafe' Racer made from Horween C/X Brown Front Quarter Horsehide!

AeroFontana3copycopy.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
A few of our customers wanted to see the Aero Slimfit Aeromarine worn with casual attire. We had some time yesterday afternoon and photographed the jacket with a hoodie to show folks. However, subsequent Slimfit Aeromarine jackets headed our way will have a 1" dropped front, which will look very, very nice! The jacket photographed below has the straight bottom hem.

Aeromarinewithhoodie_zps2fd2faa9.jpg

Aeromarinewithhoodieback_zps1b88e086.jpg

Aeromarinetag11_zps13b7d326.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Christine Harley from Aero has set me up perfectly for Fall! We have a lot of our customers asking about Aero jackets for women...I can't recommend Aero's A-1 enough...the fit is casual and a lot of fun for women!

CarrieA-1_zps5620d0ab.jpg

For someone that recommends sizing down and slim fits all the time, I'm really surprised you have gone for that size jacket. Maybe its supposed to be a big /boxier fit but it looks like its falling off your left shoulder and the whole body looks huge!

To my untrained eye, it looks 1 maybe 2 sizes too big.....but as we have said before, fit is a personal thing. Not trying to be negative, just don't think it flatters your narrow waist at all....

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
For someone that recommends sizing down and slim fits all the time, I'm really surprised you have gone for that size jacket. Maybe its supposed to be a big /boxier fit but it looks like its falling off your left shoulder and the whole body looks huge!

To my untrained eye, it looks 1 maybe 2 sizes too big.....but as we have said before, fit is a personal thing. Not trying to be negative, just don't think it flatters your narrow waist at all....

Our philosophy is that you have to take what the jacket was made for into consideration when fitting. For example, we size motorcycle jackets very slim because they're meant for riding, utility jackets slightly less fitted for a nice shape, and flight jackets with a decent amount of ease. We don't endorse skin tight flight jacket fits...I don't think anyone does...

InLikeFlynn

Familiar Face
I'd like to say that the guys and gals at Thurston are great people, and very patient with hard to fit customers like yours truly. They sent me two jackets to try on before we decided that a custom order was the way to go, so I've nabbed one of those Aero Leather October custom order slots. Being able to actually try on an Aero and experience the fit of different sizes is a huge plus, much better than just sending away your measurements and then hoping for a good fit. :)

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Aero J106s with Horsehide and Rust Mouton Snap-On Fur Collars all set to ship today! We also have Mid-Brown and Dark Brown Mouton available for our customers!

J106FurCollar_zpsfa4adfd4.jpg

J106FurCollar2_zps0882629b.jpg

J106FurCollar1_zps9aaad50e.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Boy that seems like alot of snaps..!!

Original Buco jackets had snap-on fur collars that were held in place in three positions on the collar. However, three snaps don't hold the mouton collar on very well. We took a cue from Real McCoy Japan (the Buco J-24L) and use five snaps, which holds the snap-on fur collar much better, especially when riding.

Well, it's not like you're taking it on and off a lot HD. Jeez. lol
Looks easier than my buttons, and matches the Buco style better, but not as sexy as buttons. That said, snaps probably would improve mine 100%

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thedi Leathers are looking great! This Thedi jacket, which is available with and without quilting, was specified in dark blue cowhide and came out very, very nice! Also, below, I've placed our final Thedi tag selection. We're specifying our Thedi jackets with black gabardine liners and Talon zippers (see photos). These jackets are very fitted and look amazing, especially in black horsehide...$824.99 USD...

ThediFront_zpse983f174.jpg

ThediCafeRacer2_zps59e0e456.jpg

Thediback_zpsa09f28c1.jpg

Thedifinaltagselection1_zps85284626.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran