Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Please send customer photos to info@thurston-bros.com!

Great Aero 1930s Half Belt in Horween Brown Front Quater Horsehide!

Aero11_zps24ae3811.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I like the fact that that half-belt is a little longer and generous in the shoulder. Always looks more dignified to me that a tight short jacket.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I like the fact that that half-belt is a little longer and generous in the shoulder. Always looks more dignified to me that a tight short jacket.

This customer definitely put together a good look with his Aero Half Belt!

Preliminary shots of the Aero Board Racer have been mailed to us (Denny, Aero's production manager, is a spectacular model!). The racer is a beautiful early-1930s design, complete with precurve and historically accurate detailing! Grading is currently being done and will be finished in two weeks! Therefore, get your Aero Board Racer on order today!

***Aero Board Racer can be ordered with or without "split" upper back.

BoardracerFront_zps2897e714.jpg

BoardracerBack_zps929c5b6c.jpg

BoardracerLiner_zps8fb4f733.jpg

BoardracerTag_zps93ea2a53.jpg

Here's a great video that captures the "feel" of this jacket!

[video=youtube;vhRTOZV5yfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhRTOZV5yfY[/video]

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Board Racer = Sweet! Been debating between the Sonoma and the Fontana, now after seeing these pics the Board Racer might just be it. Eagerly awaiting more details. Carrie, when can we expect to see these available for ordering? Thanks!

Board Racer is a perfection! Are these sleeve zippers longer than what Aero is usually using or am I just seeing things?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Board Racer = Sweet! Been debating between the Sonoma and the Fontana, now after seeing these pics the Board Racer might just be it. Eagerly awaiting more details. Carrie, when can we expect to see these available for ordering? Thanks!

The Board Racer is being size graded in the next few weeks, so we should be able to see these soon. Wade wrote up some orders for our shop's stock on this that we will put through in our May Production...I would imagine we could get a some custom orders in with those!

Definitely love that deep crimson lining! Is that a Rayon?

Indeed...Rayon...Looks good!

Board Racer is a perfection! Are these sleeve zippers longer than what Aero is usually using or am I just seeing things?

They do look a bit longer...I'll find out by how much!

Jeigernaut

New in Town
Thats the one thats calling to me. Its beautiful in brown but have a brown cafe racer otw. Think i will have to go with black.

Aero sent us photos today of their new Horween Bison, which looks incredible!

Please remember that we offer Aero fit jackets to every North American customer who wants one! Fit jackets take the guesswork out of fit!!!

OrigHercBison_zps318a35c8.jpg

BisonOrigHercClose_zps6916b4f8.jpg

BisonOrigHercCollar_zps1e1242e5.jpg

BisonOrigHercPockets_zpsc485d3f5.jpg

OrigHercBack1_zpsfe749d3f.jpg

BisonOrigHercBackClose_zps964b60f9.jpg

This very jacket arrived yesterday!

It came up on the sale pages and I just had to grab it....

All I can say is this is by far the heaviest jacket I have had, but the hide is supple and the jacket is comfortable straight out the box.
I jumped on the bathroom scales with and without the jacket on, the difference was 3.3 kg. The jacket on its own was 3.1 kg.
Not 100% accurate using the old bathroom scales, but it will give you an idea as to the weight of this Bison 1920 Hercules in a size 40.

All measurements in inches

Shoulder 18.75
Pit to pit 22.5/23...it put up a fight
Sleeve 26.5
Back 25
Front 27

The hide has quite large grain, but at the crease points it is quickly getting finer lines that break up the bigger sections.

The moleskin in the sleeves means it goes on easy and there is black corduroy as the lining and black corduroy backing the underside of the collar
Moleskin lined hand warmer pockets.

The hide is tanned brown (natural) with a black top coat

Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR