Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I didn't realize there was a "more grain" option. That's good to know. Is it ok for customers to also specify a lighter or darker shade of brown in FQHH for instance?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Personally, I think the more mid-browns of FQHH have the greatest potential for colour variation, but I get the dark brown thing.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Personally, I think the more mid-browns of FQHH have the greatest potential for colour variation, but I get the dark brown thing.

From the pics on here, I agree. I think I'd like to fall somewhere between brown and cordovan, but the lighter brown is equally alluring!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Italian Horsehide--3 Weeks Out... absolutely stunning!

www.thurston-bros.com

Italian FQHH 1.5.jpg

Plumbline

One Too Many
Is it me, or does it look a little bit plasticy and shiney ..... :(

Maybe it's just the contrast with the black which is more matt ??

devilish

A-List Customer
Ok, so I've had the Shackleton in the Seal Vincenza now for about a month. This is no 'plasticy' leather I can tell you. It's a great, supple, mid-weight HH. It does scuff but they add character and if you don't like that they do buff out pretty easy. I'm weird in that I put a coat of Renapur conditioner/proofer on all my new leather right away but this isn't needed. However it has meant that the vest held up very well in some pretty hard rain a week or so ago.
This leather would be fantastic for an A-2 or a Maxwell. Someone will be a lucky fellow if they get the one posted earlier by Carrie. Rumor has JC is going to use this hide for some A-2 production and that would be a combination that is about as good as it gets.

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Ok, so I've had the Shackleton in the Seal Vincenza now for about a month. This is no 'plasticy' leather I can tell you. It's a great, supple, mid-weight HH. It does scuff but they add character and if you don't like that they do buff out pretty easy. I'm weird in that I put a coat of Renapur conditioner/proofer on all my new leather right away but this isn't needed. However it has meant that the vest held up very will in some pretty hard rain a week or so ago.
This leather would be fantastic for an A-2 or a Maxwell. Someone will be a lucky fellow if they get the one posted earlier by Carrie. Rumor has JC is going to use this hide for some A-2 production and that would be a combination that is about as good as it gets.

It only gets better with age too!

This Aero Premier Half Belt in Seal Italian Horsehide is one good looking jacket!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Plainsman 1.JPG

Aero Plainsman 11.JPG

Aero Plainsman 13.JPG

Aero Plainsman 14.JPG

Aero Plainsman 12.JPG

Aero Plainsman 3.JPG

Aero Plainsman 4.JPG

Aero Plainsman 5.JPG

Aero Plainsman 8.JPG

Aero Plainsman 9.JPG

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
Thanks Carrie ! The color is beautiful... which one has more potential for color variation and better patina? The Russet or Seal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR