Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
I know this is an old thread but Im reading it with interest. We are visiting ireland in June or July and if the grand theft Aero sale is going on or even if it's not I am working on adding Scotland to our itinerary. In perusing tbia thread I came across the pic of Tanner goods walleta and lol the middle row left wallet ia my own! I loaned it to Tanner for their promotion! I still have it and it is darker still. To have a jacket that aged in this way would be amazing!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I know this is an old thread but Im reading it with interest. We are visiting ireland in June or July and if the grand theft Aero sale is going on or even if it's not I am working on adding Scotland to our itinerary. In perusing tbia thread I came across the pic of Tanner goods walleta and lol the middle row left wallet ia my own! I loaned it to Tanner for their promotion! I still have it and it is darker still. To have a jacket that aged in this way would be amazing!

The veg.-tanned wallets are so cool!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Two-Tone Russet and Black Vicenza Horsehide Aero 1930s Half Belt...the Capercaillie tartan lining really ties this bold look together!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero 1930s Half Belt Russet and Black Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Russet and Black Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Russet and Black Vicenza Horsehide chest pocket.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Russet and Black Vicenza Horsehide Capercaillie tartan lining.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Russet and Black Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg

DEV.Woulf

New in Town
Custom Two-Tone Russet and Black Vicenza Horsehide Aero 1930s Half Belt...the Capercaillie tartan lining really ties this bold look together!

I think the dark seal and russet would look really good too as the colors are both earthy and contrasting. Carrie, do you think the normal seal and russet could go together? Would seal be too bright and clash? I was wondering if something like this was possible or would the dark seal be a better choice? Thanks.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I think the dark seal and russet would look really good too as the colors are both earthy and contrasting. Carrie, do you think the normal seal and russet could go together? Would seal be too bright and clash? I was wondering if something like this was possible or would the dark seal be a better choice? Thanks.

Hi Devarika,

I wouldn't do the Seal and Russet, as there isn't enough contrast between the two colors... Dark Seal with Russet would be cool...however, Black with Seal is really good too! There have been a few Dark Seal with Black combos done and those looked quite nice!

Lemon328i

New in Town
Amazing! Vicenza seems to have a pronounced grain. It almost looks like goatskin. Will definite have to get a Vicenza leather jacket for my next coat.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Amazing! Vicenza seems to have a pronounced grain. It almost looks like goatskin. Will definite have to get a Vicenza leather jacket for my next coat.

This is correct...we and Aero have begun specifying the Vicenza Horsehide with more grain, so the new Vicenza hides are quite grainy...very, very beautiful stuff!

Regarding the comparison to Goatskin, the Vicenza grain is more varied on a single jacket (we like this aspect of the Vicenza quite a bit!) while the Goatskin in quite consistent in grain on a single jacket...

tblay

One of the Regulars
Custom Aero Board Racer in Seal Vicenza Horsehide! Perfect Spring/Summer jacket...read more about our process for getting the perfect custom Aero fit: https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

View attachment 47574

Carrie, the Board Racer and Vicenza make an incredible combination! Is it possible to order a custom Board Racer with a biswing back? I find it generally more comfortable and, though I don't tour much anymore, still ride around town.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, the Board Racer and Vicenza make an incredible combination! Is it possible to order a custom Board Racer with a biswing back? I find it generally more comfortable and, though I don't tour much anymore, still ride around town.

We don't usually do this, but I think we could probably do a Board Racer with shoulder gussets. We do the Ridley with shoulder gussets and the Ridley's also a slimfit jacket, so it should work...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate

Please see my post to you above...however, here's an Aero Ridley, another slimfit Aero, with shoulder gussets...it looks good!

Aero Ridley Vicenza Back 12.jpg
Aero Ridley J 107 2.jpg

tblay

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much, Carrie! Although, having posted that Ridley, now you've given me even more to think about... :D

Will email soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy