Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie clip / tie bar

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
A buck per seemed reasonable.
CIMG1613.jpg

Tom D.
Niiice.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well,
I occasionally wear a tie bar, and I usually get more compliments as it adds that much more class to an already fancy get up.

Sorry no photos, my camera is still lost in a box somewhere from moving.

DNO

One Too Many
I took a real liking to tie bars in the last few years before I retired. This one was my favourite. It's a sterling silver souvenir of the Canadian National Exhibition from the thirties. I posted the photo on another thread but it's more appropriate here.

IMG_3074.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't find a thread on tie pins so I thought I should post these here:

IMG_0784.jpg

The Fox head is my favourite: it was my eighteenth birthday present from my parents (many, many years ago). The gold one beside it is from the 1880s. Again it was a present but I didn't dare ask how much it cost! No idea about the lion, can't remember where it came from. The chinese (or japanese) letter came from someone in my Dad's family, I guess its rather old. I've got the box but it has no markings.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't find a thread on tie pins so I thought I should post these here:

IMG_0784.jpg

The Fox head is my favourite: it was my eighteenth birthday present from my parents (many, many years ago). The gold one beside it is from the 1880s. Again it was a present but I didn't dare ask how much it cost! No idea about the lion, can't remember where it came from. The chinese (or japanese) letter came from someone in my Dad's family, I guess its rather old. I've got the box but it has no markings.

Nice pins. You don't see them much at all nowadays in the US.

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
Interesting design. What was the Canadian National Exhibition?

The Canadian National Exhibition is a big fair held yearly in Toronto.

A few weeks ago I was at the mall in the predominantly "retiree" neighbourhood of town. There was an antiques side-walk sale of sorts going on, and one vendor had an entire box of nothing but collar bars and pins. I this one, and a very modern looking one (with the coiled ends, noticably larger, and shiny a la faux-gold chroming). I can't remember whether it was 2.50 each, or 5.00 each, but either way it was cheaper and easier than online.

dscn0380crop.jpg

dscn0383crop.jpg

I couldn't get over how small many of the others that I passed over were.

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Nice pins. You don't see them much at all nowadays in the US.

The only ones I ever see in the UK tend to be Victorian/Edwardian pins i.e. damn expensive. They just aren't the type of thing on sees in charity shops. Maybe part of the problem on the 'vintage scene' is that people look at them and think they are items of ladies jewellery, thus not advertiing them for men?

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
here's few I've gathered over the last couple of months or so; first as a group shot with some 1940's? cufflinks that sort of match the Lambourne clip-ish, the three bar have all lost some guilding though it is not reall y evident when worn
1or3no.jpg
20l1gso.jpg

14mf2ie.jpg
2dlrt3a.jpg

suits lover

A-List Customer
I think that yes there is a resurgeance.I see more men wearing them that before. But still for many, the norm is to not have one. I think that they are a nice accesorie but I don't wear one alway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy