Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tilley Travels

Kreissaege

One of the Regulars
My Tilley hats are used in many ways. ;)
19402048_1409218122491264_8889030676648412714_o.jpg

Fedster

Familiar Face
I did go out and try the foam thing -- 37C (99F) air temp, substantially higher in the sun. Bottom line, unless you need the foam to float the hat, removing it made it much cooler and nicer to wear.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just got a T3. What do think of the canvas vs synthetic in the heat?
I don’t own a synthetic. I Tried them on in store and they were lighter but I was not crazy about the nylon. Was sceptical about how it would hold up over time and get cleaned up. Love my canvas ones though.
Johnny

johnnycanuck

Nice one. I'm stuck in a small condo in Israel. I can't leave for 2 weeks cuz I got exposed to someone who had it. Now the whole country just got put on complete lock down! Stupid kids going to the beach! I ordered a Tilley T3 wanderer black off amazon through a shipping service outta florida. I wonder if I will ever get it.

The hat looks good. I'm jealous you have a yard to go out in. What model is it? I'm just curious. I don't think the economy will get back to normal anytime in this decade, so hopefully my T3 classic will last til then, and my Wanderer if it ever get here.
Mine is a T3 I bought as a teenager over 25 years ago. Just wash it when it needs it and it will last for years. It also comes with a lifetime warranty so you should be covered anyway. I hope it arrives soon and wear it in good health.
Johnny

johnnycanuck

Loo
I got it, didn't know if the post office would be open. The media said only food and pharmacies would be. Customers had to wait outside to social distance, but there was barely anyone there. The tellers both had clear plastic over all the holes in their booths and PPE. But I got it. It was too small despite ordering it a size big. I've stretched over my knee a few times. I like it. Wore it out today, but now israel is going into total lockdown for Passover, since they don't want people spending the holidays with extended famlies and then having a surge in infections. Too bad. Took the bottles to the recycling finally wearing my wanderer outside and the sun is finally out. Felt Great.
looks great. Wear it in good health.
Johnny

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Ironically this is exactly what I thought I would be wearing during an outbreak. But in the real one I don’t get to kill Zombies.
View attachment 222157
View attachment 222158
Stay safe everyone
Johnny

Johnny your post influenced me and I picked up my first Tilley. The LTM5 is a dynamite hat and the recent sale made it reasonable. I wore it this past Saturday felling a large tree. It was a great hat for the effort. The dirt and grim washed off with a bit of dish soap in a bucket with a light brush. Rinse, dry and it is good for the go. The clean-up of the Tilley took less time than cleaning and sharpening the chainsaw. I have a couple more 40+ footers to drop this Spring and if the weather is warm it will be my go to. Thanks for the push off the bench.

I got it, didn't know if the post office would be open. The media said only food and pharmacies would be. Customers had to wait outside to social distance, but there was barely anyone there. The tellers both had clear plastic over all the holes in their booths and PPE. But I got it. It was too small despite ordering it a size big. I've stretched over my knee a few times. I like it. Wore it out today, but now israel is going into total lockdown for Passover, since they don't want people spending the holidays with extended famlies and then having a surge in infections. Too bad. Took the bottles to the recycling finally wearing my wanderer outside and the sun is finally out. Felt Great.

Congrats sir. Be safe and wear it proudly.

Tiki Tom

Tilleys are fine. Better than a baseball cap, more endurable than felt fedoras. For real hardship travel, they are often just the thing. Nothing to apologize for. Wear ‘em with pride.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I recieved my second Tilley. I wanted to try the meshed sided Tilley for the warm weather. I ordered it weeks ago and it was shipped some time last week.

I am exhausted, but happy to be home before the sun sets. I opened the Tilley box that was delivered this afternoon and am wearing the wrinkled and beat up hat this evening. It is HOT and humid, so I am wearing it and hoping it will do the right thing - perk up bud.

BTW: I am sipping Omni Brewing Hue Hefe this evening. It is a
hefeweizen-inspired German wheat beer. It is with concentration to taste a hint of of banana and a touch of clove. Lovely beer on a warm summer evening.

i-VdmsZ6M-M.jpg

The kahki hued hat has a 3" brim in front and smaller brim on the sides.

i-H7TNVsZ-M.jpg

i-3Bn6msL-M.jpg

i-LMBK4T5-M.jpg

I will have to report back as the mesh sides are not as airy as I expected. The above pick shows that while the sky shines thru the raised hat, it is not as airy as many of my panama hats.

More to come.

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points