Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TINTIN! The Motion Picture!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I love the Tintin cartoons and 60s live action movies, however, this movie doesn't interest me at all. Hollywood always ruins the classics....Sherlock Holmes and now poor Tintin. *sighs*

X
BD

Edward

Bartender
Saw it on Saturday and adored it. Very true to the characters from the books, not least the wonderful Captain Haddock who, I am pleased to report, they retained as the drunkard he always was. I had feared they would overly-sanitise him. The end, as per the book, sets things up for the obvious Red Rackem's Treasure sequel. Very pleased. I want to live in Tintin's world, though I'd settle for his house.

Mr slick

Familiar Face
I saw it last week. And thought it was great, really enjoyed it. And agree that they kept the characters very true to the books. It was full of great humour aswell. Will look forward to the next one.
Saw it on Saturday and adored it. Very true to the characters from the books, not least the wonderful Captain Haddock who, I am pleased to report, they retained as the drunkard he always was. I had feared they would overly-sanitise him. The end, as per the book, sets things up for the obvious Red Rackem's Treasure sequel. Very pleased. I want to live in Tintin's world, though I'd settle for his house.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
The film had a couple of shortcomings or cliches etc, but it wasn't terrible. I think I'd hesitate to give the film 5/5. But I think it was good enough that a sequel should be considered a possibility. Sequels were already planned before the movie came out so hopefully any subsequent Tintin films will be even better than the first. Especially now that they have a base of public reaction from which to improve/change any details that they've decided on for the next film/s.

Edward

Bartender
I have my fingers crossed for there being no Hollywood-style, focus-grouped "improvements", actually - I'd hate to see them deviate from being true to the books. [huh]

nihil

One of the Regulars
Watched it was part of a double feature with Raiders of the Lost Ark and Tintin. It was very easy to see why Spielberg is the master of this type of movie. I really enjoyed how he had interpreted the Tintin universe and characters, and made a new adventure within this framework. I had actually feared that he would make a so-so 1:1 film adaptation of one of the original adventures. Very refreshing and very enjoyable. The 3D was totally redundant however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace