Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To wait, or not to wait?

Dietzatron

New in Town
Hello! I'm new here and a confessed hataholic. A few weeks ago I purchased an Akubra Stylemaster from Everything Australian. My debit was charged the next day, but a week passed and I hadn't received a shipping notice. I emailed them and they replied that Akubra's shipping dept. had been on holiday (thus the delay), and that when they (everything australian) received the hat in the next couple of business days, they'd immediately ship it to me. This was a week and a half ago, and I've still not gotten a shipping notice. From what I've read on this forum this is a good company to deal with, so I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Should I email them again, or just be patient? I wants my Akubra, precious!! Any advice?

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
It's funny - we as Americans forget - that the rest of the civilized world goes on 'holiday', and usually for a MONTH! Everything slows down in the summer! I'd say, give 'em a couple of more days, maybe until Monday, then TRACK THAT SUCKER DOWN!

And welcome to the Lounge!

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
I've found them to be very honest

I have purchased two hats from them and I dont think that two weeks is out of the ordinary depending on how you had it shipped. Forget immediate gratification and savor the wait. It WILL arrive (I hope). If I purchase another Akubra (yeah right) it will be from them.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Well, I do know that the Akubra factory was on holiday recently. It's possible that, on top of that, they didn't have the hat in your size in stock. Thus, they have to do another run of them. This is happening to some people waiting on Federations from Hats Direct, as well. So, I don't think you need to worry yet. There appears to be a legitimate reason for the delays.

Wesne

One of the Regulars
I had a similar experience, also with a Stylemaster from Everything Australian. It took a couple of weeks after I placed my order before I got the shipping notice, with no communication from them in the meantime. Once I got the notice it arrived pretty quickly, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart