Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kudos to Akubra (Issues with Stylemaster)

Plumbline

One Too Many
Credit where credit is due ..... AWESOME SERVICE !

I bought my second "Stylemaster" about 18 months ago (Carbon Grey) having had a brown one for several years. Within about 12 months of moderate wear I noticed the grosgrain brim trim had faded to a brownish shade rather than the original black. Over the next 6 months this strangely faded to a pink-ish colour. Not a look I was overly enamored with TBH.

I contacted Akubra here in Aus. and after sending some pictures and background their ops manager emailed to say they would be replacing my hat as a gesture of goodwill. I was delighted and within 2 days the new lid arrived along with a hat-jack as a gift.

This is what customer service is all about and Akubra have not only met but exceeded my expectation ( hence the title of the thread) ... no wonder it's Australian for Hat :)

Ron Palin (Operations Manager) and Akubra Australia ... I salute you sir.

Plumbline

One Too Many
The faded Stylemaster in the centre / front .... from left to right ..... "Hampton" (Black), "The Rink", "Stylemaster" (Grey), "Stylemaster" (Brown) and "Fed IV Deluxe"

Attachments

• Akubras.jpg
    Akubras.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 444

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB