Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TONS of 1930s Fashion Photos

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Marsha Hunt is riveting to watch on screen. Her upturned nose is adorable and she's still grand. I was disappointed not to have been able to make the Noir City Film Festival opening night a couple of years back when she was the guest of honor. Glad this thread came to my attention and it would be an honor to purchase her book. Thanks for posting it, Marc.

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Thanks Marc for sharing! She looks amazing. I've always liked Marsha Hunt since seeing her as Mary in Pride and Prejudice. She was the prettiest Mary I've ever seen!

Marla

A-List Customer
Kiri said:
What a lovely lady! And lovely clothes! I'll take them all please. ;)

Is she still alive?

Yes! I recently read this book, and I encourage anyone who's interested in her story to seek it out, though it is out of print. The photos are divine. It's impressive that she could still remember the minute details about the clothes she modeled some 50 years later when she wrote the book. Also, her insightful writing about Hollywood costuming and her volunteering efforts during WWII is a surprising bonus!

marsha-hunt-over-90.jpg

Edited: She will be 93 this year.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I remembered this thread and thought this might be of interest. Ms Marsha Hunt is scheduled to be a guest at the 5th Annual Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Maryland. The convention looks like fun; wish I weren't stuck here! It runs the 23-25th of September. A tad late I know, but I just found this info myself!

www.midatlanticnostalgiaconvention.com

RosebudMarie

New in Town
IMO women who allow themselves to age gracefully in the 'old fashioned way' look so much better than the...what are they called? Cougars? We have now.

When my grandmother died at 84 she was beautiful. Still put the finger waves in her short hair - just a few at the temples.

Sorry if that's off topic.

Marla

A-List Customer
I really enjoyed seeing Marsha Hunt in the documentary Moguls & Movie Stars (episode Warriors & Peace Makers) on TCM. She's one of the only Golden Era movie stars to be featured in it, everyone else is son-of-a-mogul or a film historian. I think she touched on this subject in her book, but in the episode she talked about how one day Louis B. Mayer called her into his office to tell her he had "discovered" she had sex appeal.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I really enjoyed seeing Marsha Hunt in the documentary Moguls & Movie Stars (episode Warriors & Peace Makers) on TCM. She's one of the only Golden Era movie stars to be featured in it, everyone else is son-of-a-mogul or a film historian. I think she touched on this subject in her book, but in the episode she talked about how one day Louis B. Mayer called her into his office to tell her he had "discovered" she had sex appeal.

I'll have to catch this when it airs again. I love Marsha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24