Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Baby Names from 20's thru 40's

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Madison Paige said:
Hey, hey. Lets not go knocking the name Madison ;) My parents actually named me looong before all of these new Madison's came along. When I was little, the name Madison was unheard of, and now, there are tons of little Madison's. Its quite annoying to hear my name being shouted all the time. I guess us girls named Madison are quite the trouble makers :D
Welcome to the world of Ashley. lol lol

Foofoogal

Banned
I'd recommend anyone considering one of the more popular 'fashion' names read this first![

I come from a huge family and some of the younger ones have the stupidest names and noone can remember them.
Jaydn, Cadynce (sp, keep wanting to call her Cricket) :eusa_doh:

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
"Madison" came from the movie "Splash". I read somewhere that within a year of this movie's release, "Madison" had suddenly become one of the most popular names to give little girls.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Not only are designer names like Burberry silly and asking for bullying they're expensive. My 17 year old brother Alexander, goes to school with a girl named Chanel, guess what she wears.... only Chanel, everything, her parents spend tons of money on her clothes and she comes off as spoiled and petty to me!

If/when I have children the girls names are:
Mara Lynn ( a nod to my Irish background)
Lisette Marguerite (just pretty to me)
Nadeshda Alice ( a nod to my ukrainian background)

The boys:
Demitry Nikolas
Rory Patrick (or Shane I can't decide)
Dean Michael

The most unusual name I've ever come across, Miezchtiswav, this is the anglicized spelling of the Polish name, and how you pronounce it, of my Education prof who goes by his middle name Stefan, it means King's Sword

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like normal names like John and Ann

I absolutely HATED having an unusual name growing up. I HATED having to spell it and explain it, so I never minded when anyone misspelled it or even called me by the wrong name. It wasn't until I was an adult that it became a popular name for a baby girl. My name was nowhere as weird as my older brother's and sister's, though, Kell for the boy and Van for the girl.

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Fatdutchman said:
"Madison" came from the movie "Splash". I read somewhere that within a year of this movie's release, "Madison" had suddenly become one of the most popular names to give little girls.

Splash was released in '84, I was born in '88 and still, I've never met anyone around my age with the name Madison. Its funny, because being the hippies my parents are, they themed the names of all five children in my family after presidents (Wilson, Madison, Carter, Taylor and Harrison) and our last name is Fisher, so my dad goes by "Fish", now, growing up, everyone thought it was histarical that my parents would name me Madison, thinking it was after the mermaid in Splash, to pair with my dad's name being Fish. Hardy har har.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo