Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Top to Toe": Post Your Favorite Hat and Boots/Shoes or Apparel Combo

TipTop

Practically Family
Handsome, Vamp! I am breaking in a pair of Caboot Civil War officer knee-highs right now for my 'days in the country'--on my motorcycle. Still looking for good leather breaches...

Handsome, Vamp! I am breaking in a pair of Caboot Civil War officer knee-highs right now for my 'days in the country'--on my motorcycle. Still looking for good leather breaches...
hey TipTop
the leather is sooo tough on the ankles on those boots, killing me!!
bought these jodhpurs in a fetish shop in London UK 15 years ago no sign of wear and soft as a kitten, they were £175 then!!

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/j2.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/j1.jpg

regards

V

TipTop

Practically Family
hey TipTop
the leather is sooo tough on the ankles on those boots, killing me!!
bought these jodhpurs in a fetish shop in London UK 15 years ago no sign of wear and soft as a kitten, they were £175 then!!

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/j2.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/j1.jpg

regards

V

Wow. Well, truth be known Vamp, I have purchased on ePrey two pairs of leather riding pants, but they are not quite jodhpur cut, just roomy in the seat. One pair is black, the other...wait for it...RED! (I can't wait to see the look on my little old Italian tailor's face when I stroll out of the changing room...). Once I have them altered, and get my new tall boots on, I supply evidentiary photography.

In the meantime, consider these:
15480172-lg.jpg

Wow. Well, truth be known Vamp, I have purchased on ePrey two pairs of leather riding pants, but they are not quite jodhpur cut, just roomy in the seat. One pair is black, the other...wait for it...RED! (I can't wait to see the look on my little old Italian tailor's face when I stroll out of the changing room...). Once I have them altered, and get my new tall boots on, I supply evidentiary photography.

In the meantime, consider these:
15480172-lg.jpg
wow!!! stunning Ray

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ray the answer to your question is everywhere! If I had a pair like that I don't think any of my other boots would leave the closet.
Johnny

TipTop

Practically Family
Ray the answer to your question is everywhere! If I had a pair like that I don't think any of my other boots would leave the closet.
Johnny

LOLOLOL Thx for the encouragement Johnny. They are truly "go to hell" boots (Tres Outlaws) that I bought for a song from a dealer going out of business (along with some killer Clint Orms buckles at 65% off!). They had bought them for their catalogue shoot and thought they would generate orders...guess it didn't work out. I'm sure the right opportunity will present itself (aside from Halloween with a pitchfork!) but bear in mind that this is upstate NY....not Santa Fe or El Paso.

Actually, I have considered having them resoled in neoprene so I could wear them on the bike, but then, I don't want to risk scarring them with the shifter or pavement, etc.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Another combo I like; my "The Royal Stetson" Zephyr Weight hat and cheapo Botany 500 spectators.
These are great shoes for anyone wanting to try out the spectator look without spending too much.

D336450-L.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
TipTop Thank you for starting this cool thread....
yea i went straight to the sink rinsed for 1 minute cold water the saturated area & folded up in a SHAMWOW
it does not stink so i think i got it out.. supposedly this is ancient wool the M F cap is made of & it is raw so it should survive I hope
My wife has 5 Chiuahuahas so when i called her about her dam dogs she just reply i got more caps than dogs........so what

Of course urine was used in the Middle Ages as part of the process of manufacturing wool. FWIW :eeek:

TipTop

Practically Family
Another combo I like; my "The Royal Stetson" Zephyr Weight hat and cheapo Botany 500 spectators.
These are great shoes for anyone wanting to try out the spectator look without spending too much.

D336450-L.jpg

Now THAT'S a snappy duo. I never see spectators without cleats...weird that guys will wear them on the golf course but not on the street. Lamentably, I guess the same could be said of fedoras or western buckle/tipped belts.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Now THAT'S a snappy duo. I never see spectators without cleats...weird that guys will wear them on the golf course but not on the street. Lamentably, I guess the same could be said of fedoras or western buckle/tipped belts.

The golf course is a free pass for fashion, I have noticed.

TipTop

Practically Family
Well, Randall, I'd agree with that if you still didn't see dress requirements (no jeans, t-shirts etc) at established courses and clubs. Indeed, most golfers spend decent money for those clothes; even if you don't agree with the fashion, they at least are the result of an effort and fairly steep prices. But I am not talking about bright colors, etc. I am talking about "style" and why it doesn't migrate off the course. Where else does the average American see decent Panama hats or silver belt buckle sets or white shoes?

I'd bet that if a couple of the popular PGA types started eschewing (golf) ball caps for fedoras, you'd see a change in market almost overnight. (just like the "golf belt" phenomenon).

Product placement (or endorsement contracts) are the answer.....

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments, guys. I tell you, these Botany shoes are not bad for about $40! One day I'll get a quality pair of spectators because I really like the style.

Ray, you are right about golf fashion not making it away from the course, it is a shame really (although some golf outfits should probably not be allowed on the course either!). I've not played for a few years, but I have a fantastic pair of Footjoy saddle shoes in brown and white. I'd love a street version of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner