Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Top to Toe": Post Your Favorite Hat and Boots/Shoes or Apparel Combo

TipTop

Practically Family
DAM DOG PEED ON MY CAP !
232323232_fp6359%3A>nu%3D8986>396>25%3A>WSNRCG%3D34<29%3B95%3B%3B34%3Bnu0mrj

MR.Freedom Wool Cap, gotta go clean this mess supposedly 100 year old fabric, wish me luck

Seabass, That's too funny; hope you rinsed it out well...and that it was YOUR dog!

Otherwise a fascinating pairing and collection; thanks for all your effort.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Seabass, That's too funny; hope you rinsed it out well...and that it was YOUR dog!

Otherwise a fascinating pairing and collection; thanks for all your effort.
TipTop Thank you for starting this cool thread....
yea i went straight to the sink rinsed for 1 minute cold water the saturated area & folded up in a SHAMWOW
it does not stink so i think i got it out.. supposedly this is ancient wool the M F cap is made of & it is raw so it should survive I hope
My wife has 5 Chiuahuahas so when i called her about her dam dogs she just reply i got more caps than dogs........so what

tealseal

A-List Customer
This is a great thread! I'll try to get a submission of my own up ASAP. Seabass, I hope your washing job worked out. Sounds like you got it under control, but I'm still sorry you had to go through the experience!

TipTop

Practically Family
TipTop Thank you for starting this cool thread....

My wife has 5 Chiuahuahas so when i called her about her dam dogs she just reply i got more caps than dogs........so what

Seabass, that's the single heartiest laugh :eusa_clap I have gotten out of this site yet! And I have two males (slightly larger) that are always peeing on each others' heads.
9719269-lg.jpg

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
OMG ! Tip Top (slightly larger) .....
geez thats good cap & hat money going away too feed those wolly mamoths.
5 chuihuahuas, 3 teeny weenie size 3lb to 3lb3oz girls & 2 male 6-pounders. dont eat much =more caps & hats
they are slick though gotta be 1 of the boy dogs that did the squirt job...
TealSeal thanks for your thoughts looks like it will make it through with just water stains to the leather sweat band
Great thread though !!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, likewise! Hatwearing remains my big hobby, and so it's good to get it reinforced. Where I live, there is no other reinforcement, except when I chance-meet another Lounger such as Dogpatch who works downtown. Here in Washington I keep on thinking, when am I going to catch sight of Yeps, because he says he's 6 foot 3 or 5 or something, and I'd recognize him. In fact I did see a guy on the subway a year or two ago who was tall and wearing a vintage hat--thought it might be Yeps. So I went up to him and asked "Are you Yeps? Are you Yeps?" He walked away quickly, probably thinking that I was one of those urban psychos that you read about.

TipTop

Practically Family
Heres a different combo that I discovered after trying to wear a furry Stetson in bone that just didn't pop with dark winter coats, etc. I dug out a winter-white scarf and it really pulled the two together--here on me and details up close. The 5X Stetson is probably 70s and in mint condition; the wool challis printed scarf is a whacko art piece from Psycho Bunny called "Shop Rag"...and yep, it is imprinted with greasy gears and smears. Perfect for my motorcycling wear.

15257014-lg.jpg

15470513-md.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Seabass, that's the single heartiest laugh :eusa_clap I have gotten out of this site yet! And I have two males (slightly larger) that are always peeing on each others' heads.

Always peeing on each others' heads?! Is it intentional? I'm not so sure that I would like that behavior in my own dogs!

TipTop

Practically Family
Well, not "always" Zet, but when they are both honed in on something spicy on the ground, one will sometimes raise his leg while the other is still savoring it. I usually can jerk the lead fast enough to prevent the shower, but they are so intent on marking whatever it is they are sniffing that they are oblivious to the other's presence!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Made in Calgary at the "Alberta Boot co." Showroom out front shop in the back. They are the ones that made the boots for the royal couple last Stampeed. Check out there web page.
Johnny

TipTop

Practically Family
Thx for the tip! I tried and their site seems to be stuck on their home page. I'll try later to see some of their products. thx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21