Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Top to Toe": Post Your Favorite Hat and Boots/Shoes or Apparel Combo

Mystic

Practically Family
Well, Randall, I'd agree with that if you still didn't see dress requirements (no jeans, t-shirts etc) at established courses and clubs. Indeed, most golfers spend decent money for those clothes; even if you don't agree with the fashion, they at least are the result of an effort and fairly steep prices. But I am not talking about bright colors, etc. I am talking about "style" and why it doesn't migrate off the course. Where else does the average American see decent Panama hats or silver belt buckle sets or white shoes?

I'd bet that if a couple of the popular PGA types started eschewing (golf) ball caps for fedoras, you'd see a change in market almost overnight. (just like the "golf belt" phenomenon).

Product placement (or endorsement contracts) are the answer.....

a fedora is not as versatile to wear as a ball cap......

wearing a fedora backwards looks just silly......

wearing a ball cap backwards looks just ........ummmmmm.......

oh well.....different subject please :eusa_doh: lol

TipTop

Practically Family
Thanks for the comments, guys. I tell you, these Botany shoes are not bad for about $40! One day I'll get a quality pair of spectators because I really like the style.

Ray, you are right about golf fashion not making it away from the course, it is a shame really (although some golf outfits should probably not be allowed on the course either!). I've not played for a few years, but I have a fantastic pair of Footjoy saddle shoes in brown and white. I'd love a street version of them.

David, my very favorite pair of shoes EVER were a pair of FootJoys (made in Brockton, MA) that I bought as a college freshman for $45(!) or so in 1965 in Chapel Hill, NC. They were a deep tan kilty tassel loafer (but very dressy) and were wonderfully comfortable, living up to their name in spades. I think they got out of street shoes after they got out of Brockton...no idea who owns them now, but there nowhere near the quality (nor price) of the old days.

I ran across a pair of alligator FootJoy loafers on ePrey recently; magnificent English-style shoes, but not my size. They are likely still visible in "completed sales" if you wanted to check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW