Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tornadoes!!!

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
For those of you who live in Oklahoma, or anywhere getting hit, be careful!! Stay safe and bring out your rain hat! We had a smaller tornado touch down in the city on friday. Listen for those sirens, and pay attention to whatever news you listen to! Best of luck!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi David

The place I work got nailed, but we don't know how bad. I was in Alma Kansas for the State 4H match, and came home before awards went out. I get you on the news thing, but KFDI here in Kansas is known as Terror Radio because they put hordes of storm watchers out for everything. On the other hand, no one got killed, at least they haven't found anybody yet and it's 11 AM the next morning.

The guy I went to the match with is without power in Derby Kansas. The two kids on the team that are from Derby left for home later and may have missed most of the bad stuff.

Later

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
We headed to the basement last night around midnight when the tornado sirens went off here in Lincoln, Nebraska. A funnel cloud was spotted north of town, but didn't do any damage, thank goodness.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
We're in Vegas for the weekend, having left the child home in OKC. It was a worrisome afternoon and evening, to say the least. Very sad about Woodward, which was decemated by a tornado in the 40s or 50s. Fortunately, things have cleared up now, till the next time.

Renault

One Too Many
Daughter and her family live just east of Augusta, Ks. They too spent a long evening with the older neighbor lady in her storm cellar. Luckily they made it thru everything okay. One of their horses hurt a leg, but he seems to be better this afternoon. Naturally, the grandson (3 y.o.) thought it was fun. He had his new pup with him so he was okay!!!!!

R

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glad they made it o.k. Augusta is the home of Michael Murphy and sons sporting clays, have you been there? I haven't done the clays, but I use them to teach Shotgun MB sometimes.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart