Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transformers

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
I grew up with the original show, I just hope they don't COMPLETELY ruin it. It was bad enough watching what the Japanese are doing with the franchise... Now there's these guys giving Optimus the "Pimp My Ride" treatment.

Feraud

Bartender
I never watched the show but my youngest brother did. He still has many of the original Transformer toys tucked away at home. One in particular I remember transformed from a robot to a tape deck. There was a cassette tape inside that transfomed into a bird!

Feraud

Bartender
Yes it is a little creepy. That is what I like about it. I hope they keep the dramatic edge and not turn it into a goof like Independence Day. The last thing I want to pay for is the old "hot shot pilot with witty quips in the face of danger" routine..
where is the puke icon when you need it?

Slicksuit

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Yes it is a little creepy. That is what I like about it. I hope they keep the dramatic edge and not turn it into a goof like Independence Day. The last thing I want to pay for is the old "hot shot pilot with witty quips in the face of danger" routine..
where is the puke icon when you need it?
Ha ha ha, I agree! Keep the dramatic edge.

OMG! Soundwave (the cassette player robot) was one of my favorite of the robots growing up! He not only had the bird (Thunderbeak) cassette, but Ravage (a panther), Ratbat (bat), Rumble/Frenzy (a small man). Gosh, those are some fond memories!
240px-Soundwave_toy.jpg

Does anyone remember one of the less popular robots, the Autobot that transformed into a microsope/telescope? Being a nerdy boy growing up, I had a particular fondness for him.
240px-Perceptor.gif

Feraud

Bartender
The guys did a nice job in the commercial. I will see the movie with the condition that there are no dancing robots... Unless the film closes with a technicolor dance sequence.

lindylady

A-List Customer
It is so cool to know that we have some Transformers fans in the Lounge! Anyone have a fave Decepticon or Autobot? I like Optimus Prime and Starscream.

Slicksuit

One of the Regulars
lindylady said:
It is so cool to know that we have some Transformers fans in the Lounge! Anyone have a fave Decepticon or Autobot? I like Optimus Prime and Starscream.
I allready proclaimed my favorite Autobots (see previous post), but my favorite Deceptacons were those 5 robots, the Constructicons, who combined to form one larger robot, Devastator.
400px-Constructicons.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24