Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traveling Hat!!!!!

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Fantastic photos, you both did Seattle proud and likely got the hat wetter than it will ever be again:D

Glad you like the pics,handbar bart & gents. We're having a blast with The Hat, though we were a bit worried about the yesterday's monsoon beating up The Hat, but it's a trooper.

Rat Pack: Ooogachucka :-D

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Just getting caught up on this thread--it looks as though the Traveling Hat has had a great time since it left southern Ohio!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Last night at dinner Rhonda reminded me that she had a photo of me as the "desktop" photo on her phone, taken outside of the same restaurant we were sitting in at the time. I'm wearing the Traveling Hat in the photo, and I think it's the only one that wasn't taken from way back to get a big mural or canal lock in the photo, so here it is:

TravelingHatinWaverlyOH.jpg

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

Tom

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Just a quick update...We have finished our tours of Seattle and are now getting pictures printed for the journal. We will also be posting them on Tenuki's flicker site for all to enjoy. I hope to have the hat back on the road and off to Northridge, CA sometime next week.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Fantastic collection of photos! It's almost as if I've taken a tour of Seattle. So many great pics (and poses) of both of you and the Hat. Much appreciated. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Thanks widebrim and Lloyd. I can't wait to see what you'll add to the journal and the Box of Souvenirs and The Hat. I should think The Hat will be happy for a spin in the sun after the grey dampness of Seattle. :-D

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Still keeping an eye on this one! I'm only in my current location for another 5 months, so I hope it works its way here by then!

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Hats Away!!!

The Hat is officially on it's way to California! I sent it via USPS today and PM'd Lloyd the tracking number.

The shipping box was getting a bit beat up, but luckily I had a David Morgan box on hand and the original box fit right inside. The Hat is now doubly protected for the rest of it's journey.

Thanks to everyone who have enjoyed the photos we took. We are just lucky enough to live in a picturesque city with plenty of places to see. As it is, we skipped a number of great Seattle landmarks. Maybe we will go see the rest of the city when we do "The Traveling Tie" ;)

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Well, that hat had been unpacked and is currently sitting with all my hats getting to know the new temporary room mates :)
Here's the one pic I have. Forgive the grim look but I've got some damage to my facial nerves and that's the closest I can get to a smile. Scary I know :eeek:
travelinghatNorthridgeCAJan242011.jpg

Sadly as you can see the hat is WAY too small for me so unless I can find some wiling co-conspirators with smaller heads I'll have to pass it along with no more pics unless I just drive around with the hat and pose it at appropriate locations.
It's funny the traveling hat and my Camp Draft are both 60s but there is about a 3" difference between the 2 as to where on my forehead they sit. The squatter barely fits on the top of my head. I don't remember my CD being that small when I got it.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Hey Lloyd!
That's not a bad pic, although The Hat does seem a bit small for you. It fit the same for me as the Squatter I ordered from David Morgan last year. Maybe the difference is between the Squatter and the CD. In any case, I think you should take it around your town and get some more pictures. Even if you are just holding it, it will add to the legend. :D

Lloyd

A-List Customer
I have no doubts I can MAKE it fit but since it's not my hat I don't really want to reshape.
If it was my hat I'd get out the spray bottle and my band block and it would be a perfect fit in a few days.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Here are some of my first pics. Since the hat doesn't fit me I thought I'd have some friends pose with it.

From the Los Angeles Natural History Museum
The Llama
llamahat.jpg

The Mastodon
mastodonhat.jpg

Mastodon and Elk close up
elkhat.jpg

and finally the Bison
bisonhat.jpg

it's good to have friends who are curators :)

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Thanks Bill.
Those 2 are my favorites. I'm going to try for some Dino pics too.
I'd love to get one of those giant Ice Age Elk racks to use for a hat rack but my curator friend said no :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner