Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traveling Hat!!!!!

RBH

Bartender
The traveling hat has arrived in my neck of the woods!
It will starts it official route from CRH's place.
Craig has said he would help me with this and I thank him for it!!!
Anyone intrested in recieving the hat send a note to this address..
Please send your snail mail address to the hotmail e-mail.

travelinghat at hotmail.com

Craig and I will try and put the hat on its newest journey!
You have untill July 1st. Then all entries will stop.

Now I will add that I plan on being at Major Moores hattery on Saturday [June 5th] and I may have some photos to start off the thread... but the traveling hat will not really start till July.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Fun project. Is this the same one that disappeared for a while? Or is this another?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
no+scissors.jpg

hpim2493.jpg

This thread is officially protected by a Derbynater.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
elvisroe said:
Awesome, love the idea!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Any chance it will make a return visit to it's spiritual home down-under?

No problem. We'll hook you up with a Lounger close to the Gulf Coast and float it to you on a oil ploom. :rolleyes:

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Okay, I'm in. I just sent in my offer to participate, with an "extra little factor" to keep it interesting. :) Glad to see this is back on track.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
My vote would be to allow folks to crease the lid to their own tastes since fondling the felt is half the fun. :D

Is there any reason this would be a bad idea?

majormoore

Vendor
Alot of customer came in yesterday and told Rusty and I that "Slim" was not to friendly outside. But they all said they loved the hat he had on.

We just thought it was only fair to allow Ranger Harry "Slim" Moore to have the honor of wearing the hat that will travel around the world.

Major Moore

RBH

Bartender
elvisroe said:
Perhaps a recap of the "rules" too?
This from Scotrace in 2006...

Very well!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attack at will :

Proposed Crazy Hat Idea Consolidated (ideas stolen from other threads) Game Plan:

1. Hat travels in person from one participating member to the next. If an in-person hand-off is not possible, it gets shipped at the participating member's expense (the sender's).
2. Each participant keeps the hat for not longer than 1 week.
3. ......there's a sheet that goes with it for the signatures), snaps a picture of him/herself in the hat AND of the handoff to the next person. The picture of yourself in the hat in hardcopy (paper) form goes with the hat to the next person so they accumulate. Both pics get posted to a sticky thread for the purpose of tracking the hat and keeping the game afoot.
4. Participants can be added along the route. But the route is laid out and posted on a separate sticky thread. ("March 15 - 22, Bullfrog, ND with So-And-So. March 3 - March 30, Gopher Gulch, SD with So-And-So", etc)
5. Participating members who have connections to the arts, entertainment, film or music industries are encouraged to seek signatures from well-known personalities to add to final auction value.
5. If the hat becomes impossibly soiled or damaged, it gets returned to Aaron hats for a cleanup. We can chip in for this if needed. (though some "character" is to be expected and is probably a good thing for such a project).
6. At the end of the hat's travels (travails?), it gets auctioned off to the highest bidder, possibly via Ebay's charitable auctions section.
7. Proceeds from the auction to be donated to skin cancer research and/or awareness campaigns, to encourage the wearing of hats for protection from the sun's harmful and possibly carcinogenic UV rays.
8. One of the bartenders, or at least one of our members, should ride herd on the project to see that the hat moves along as planned, sticks to the route (unless otherwise arranged), and is being signed, photographed, etc. I suggest it be a bartender so that the associated sticky threads can be pruned if necessary.
9. Associated marketing is possible with Traveling Hat mugs, shirts, etc? We'd need a logo and a slogan. "The Fedora Lounge Noggin Travelogue For Skin Cancer Awareness" or something actually good and well thought-out.
Respectfully and humbly submitted,

Scott

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Only three signed up so far. What's up?

Did Lefty send out death threats or something. :rolleyes:

:p

Maybe just genuine lack of interest......? Nobody wants to fork out for shipping?

[huh]

Thoughts and opinions welcome here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21