Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traveling Hat!!!!!

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
CRH said:
Only three signed up so far. What's up?

Did Lefty send out death threats or something. :rolleyes:

:p

Maybe just genuine lack of interest......? Nobody wants to fork out for shipping?

[huh]

Thoughts and opinions welcome here.
Really? Wow. That really surprises me. I thought people would be jumping in, to take part in something fun like that. I'm one of the lonely three, I guess.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I think it's a 7 7/8 or something. It was too big for me to wear so I just held it for the photo.

TravelingHats.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
Only three signed up so far. What's up?

Did Lefty send out death threats or something. :rolleyes:

:p

Maybe just genuine lack of interest......? Nobody wants to fork out for shipping?

[huh]

Thoughts and opinions welcome here.

Nope.
Nope. Yep (The same reason for lack of death threats.)
Thought: We should have another thread on JFK and hats - maybe a poll. :D

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's good to see this start back after such a long time with the hat AWOL. Did the notebook and photos survive? Will they continue to be part of the "project"?

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I sent them along. I neatened up the sketchbook a little, taping in loose photos and such. I replaced the old box and made a slot for the book inside so it wouldn't bang around. There were still some hat cleaning supplies in there too, I didn't use them since the hat looked clean.

James71

A-List Customer
If its not inconceivable that the hat could travel to Australia, Im in.

My wife is due to be in the USA, (PA) in August, so if its going to be in the area around then she could bring it home to me and I would ship it to another antipodean and eventually to another continant (the UK? Europe? New Zealand?)

I guess the question is:- is it an internationally travelling hat, or just a mainland USA travelling hat?

RBH

Bartender
James71 said:

My wife is due to be in the USA, (PA) in August, so if its going to be in the area around then she could bring it home to me and I would ship it to another antipodean and eventually to another continant (the UK? Europe? New Zealand?)

I guess the question is:- is it an internationally travelling hat, or just a mainland USA travelling hat?

Craig is doing the main work... but I would think if you would pay postage... ship it!!!

Maybe a few stops here.. then to Wildblue and on to DownUnder...

RBH

Bartender
J. M. Stovall said:
I sent them along. I neatened up the sketchbook a little, taping in loose photos and such. I replaced the old box and made a slot for the book inside so it wouldn't bang around. There were still some hat cleaning supplies in there too, I didn't use them since the hat looked clean.
You did a great job!!!!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J. M. Stovall said:

That's great. :eusa_clap When the hat passed through my hands several years ago there was a lot of neat pictures/comments in the book. I'm glad it's still part of the hat's journey.

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
I, for one, don't mind sending it anywhere in the world, after me.

Will have a little surprise about my stop, too. The person that sends it to me just needs to make sure they allow a couple extra minutes at the post office to fill out routine paperwork.

elvisroe

A-List Customer
James71 said:

I'm sure there'd be a few of us that'd be up for that. You could certainly roll it down the mountain to me when you're done,
;)

CRH

Call Me a Cab
elvisroe said:
I'm sure there'd be a few of us that'd be up for that. You could certainly roll it down the mountain to me when you're done,
;)

bp_logo.jpg

Maybe we could get an express delivery deal with Bungled Petroleum.

:kick:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy