Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fardad said:
The Burberry outlet store at the Wrentham Outlets in Wrentham, MA.
What he said, though, by inexpensive, we mean $500. The same outlet may be found in Freeport, ME.

If you want a vintage trench coat by Burberry, look up Bobby's From Boston. He has some older ones, though I am unsure of how old, since they were all too small for me, so I wasn't paying close attention.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Burberry

It's an old-fashioned outfitters called Field and Farm. It supplies farmers, horse riders etc with real outdoor clothing at small town prices. I've had it checked and they don't stock Burberry any more, apparently as a protest against the company closing its factories in Wales and transferring production to China. This is an issue that really angered many people in the UK - there have been some quite large demonstrations and protests.

The nice old guy who runs F&F reckons that Burberry will use this as an excuse to stop selling what little serious outdoor wear they still make and concentrate on fashion items. I guess that makes sense - most horse people seem to wear Australian-style coats rather than trench coat style riding coats now. If he's right the only Burberry stuff worth buying will be second-hand. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Alan

blacklagoon

One of the Regulars
bogart's casablanca coat sold

I have found the real humphrey bogart's casablanca trench coat on the internet a few days ago.the info on the site is very brief,but says it was sold by bonhams auctioneers on may 22nd 2005,for the price of: $10,575.00.
The model shown in the picture,is incredibly threadbare and worn,and only has one gun flap on the right side chest.I think,by what you are all saying,that there is two gun flaps on each front chest,in some scenes of the film,can only mean one thing to me.the film makers had two raincoats made for the film casablanca,each designed differently.I cannot find a way to post a picture of it,so i will post a link to the page,so you can confirm the design of one of the models used in the film.( it seems very obvious to me,that humphrey bogart wore more than one trench coat in casablanca,and they were both completely different designs ).
anyway,i hope i am not ruining this thread by posting a link to the page,as i know how annoying links can be.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=8732&si=123

I hope this is helpful to everyone in some way.:)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
J. Petermans trenchcoat - any good?

Hi all
I have just been on the J. Peterman website, and spotted the trenchcoat.
Is it any good - and how about the size?
It looks like 48 is the biggest - how come when they have other coats in XXL (52)???
I like the look of the coat - as much as you can judge from a drawing - any other brands, producers, websites jumps up?

Flitcraft

One Too Many
I've got the same questions!
Saw the coat and liked it, but Peterman's line drawings- and erratic sizing- have disapponted me in the past when I've finally pulled the trigger and purchased something.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bagged a London Fog Trench!

Just bagged myself a London Fog trench coat for just over $12.00!!:eusa_clap Can't be bad eh!!

It's a 42", but I know that with overcoats they tend to be an inch or two bigger than the stated chest size.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....9&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1#ebayphotohosting

Looks like it just has the one gun flap on the shoulder, but for that price, so what?[huh]

Pics when it comes through (of course!! I know HOW MUCH you all over your photos here:) ).

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bogies Coat (pics) that sold at Bonhams.

Here's the coat that went for $10k (US). Thought you'd all be interested.

8732_24159_4.jpg

8732_24158_3.jpg

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
I have a 20+ yr old coat made by DAKS. And look very close to the Bogie coat.

The liner need help. More than a few holes be less that alot. Would love to relplace it. Any ideas.

The coat ends just below my knees. Would really like a coat the go mid calf or lower.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Something special about the DB Trench coat..!

A very cool civvie jacket! Echoes images of US officer's in London on leave, or 40's PI's or Spys' working in the shadows!! A very classically vintage over coat that is still as practial 'today!' (whether in London, New York or Casablanca!).

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Paddy, that's a pretty awesome find. The price is pretty hard to beat as well. Great job. I like the look.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Steve (a good bag)

Once in a blue moon you 'score' well on the Bay, and I was just lucky with this one. Let's hope it lives up to expectations when it comes through. A flight jacket isn't always appropriate for certain areas of our lives and just isn't 'smart' enough, so...that's why I pulled the trigger on this so that I had a decent coat that I could pack in a travel bag and wear with a suit!

Hal

Practically Family
PADDY said:
A very classically vintage over coat that is still as practial 'today!' (whether in London, New York or Casablanca!).
With the suit Paddy mentions in his next thread, a hat and (perhaps) leather gloves, what could be smarter or more practical in Britain's cool showery summer (and many other temperate climates as well)? I expect established members of the FL are as puzzled as I am that such a practical and smart ensemble ever fell out of fashion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes