Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

moivintage

New in Town
Evidently the coat is even older than I thought, which is great for my vintage clothing collection. I am in no hurry to sell this item, as it is so rare and hard to find that i am confident there will be someone in the future who will command a good value for it. I appreciate your post. Thanks for the thread link...I checked it out.

TrenchGuy

One of the Regulars
It is already winter here in Finland, been for like 3 weeks already.

I think trench coats are more for autumn and spring. I might wear my wool trench at the winter if I have my wool suit under it, though.

Hal

Practically Family
I think trench coats are more for autumn and spring.
I very much agree - cotton trench-coats are for cool rather than cold weather (as indeed are covert coats). It's a pity that the lightweight wool spring topcoats of yesteryear have disappeared, though a wool trench-coat might be a worthy successor.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
I was going to suggest 'Mens Warehouse' Thats the one in my avatar, it cost $150, has a zip out liner, and is very well made. I wore it all over London two weeks ago in wx from 15-40 degrees F.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
At first glance I suppose it could pass for an mens 80s Armani mistake but the buttons will give it away

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
No, it's not the buttons per se, it's the way the coat buttons;left over right for men and right over left for women. Please don't wear that coat. Send it back and have the seller refund the price and shipping.

Edit:Since it hasn't been shipped yet just cancel the transaction.

Last edited:

CigarSmokePhilosopher

New in Town
yes i'm definately not wearing it. i already contacted the seller. thank you SOOOOOOO much for saving me here tomasso

any ideas were i might find something in this style for a man? prefer a long length of 50+ inches and a light color

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The coat must have been for a big women because it was the equivalent to man's size 48! Frankly if it fits I would wear it....stuff the reverse buttoning it is a cool coat.

CigarSmokePhilosopher

New in Town
lol now tomasso be nice.

it was quite easy to deal with. I told the woman her error (yes the seller was a woman) and she was quite embarrassed. she immediately refunded me and edited the listing.

I placed a bid on a Ralph Lauren coat i found, so fingers crossed.

I think more than the buttons the thing that bothered me was the fact that the brand doesn't even MAKE a men's line, and people I know would definitely ask about the brand on a jacket like that-so I'm not as brave as others I guess. Not that I have much to be ashamed of.... I'm a muscular 6'2" big indian that carries a 9mm hahaha.

I guess a REAL man could wear anything confidently. I'm not there yet I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24